Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Song Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

THE SONG LYRICS CHALLENGE

To find the names of the people mentioned in the lyrics of the officially released records.

Hints/clues:

- not every song mentions a name in the lyrics.

- you have to find actual names - some first names, some surnames, some both - in the song lyrics

- lyrics may include a title or rank [e.g. if Miss Bloggs was in the lyrics, it would be included

- lyrics with only "a" or "the" not included [e.g. if "the Carpenter" was in lyrics, it would be excluded]

- some names are included in more than one song [not record]; you have to find all [in separate post]

- some songs include more than one name in lyrics; you have to find all the names [in separate post]

Rules:

- no googling/wiki/social media/playing song on iphone, smart phone, CD, record player

- all entries must be submitted as follows:

[name of person] in lyrics on [name of song] - [e.g. Mrs Bloggs on song Bloggs & Son]

- only one entry (guess) - [name of person] per post; only one post per person per day

- some names appear in lyrics of more than one song [not record], each to be given on separate post

- some lyrics  contain more than one name, each name with title of song [not record] on separate post

- the words of the track Revolution #9 [on "The Beatles" ("White") album] are excluded

- only lyrics of songs on studio recordings officially released between Oct 1962 and May 1970 included

no "live" records, "BBC sessions", or bootleg/unreleased versions

There are 71 answers to find. All answers have been checked against lyrics on official song sheets.

Results - with correct [or incorrect] answers - will be posted each day after posts

Any questions or clarification, please post or pm me.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 374
373 REPLIES 373

Mi-Amigo
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie 

You submitted George Harrison in Honey Don`t - a correct answer - on 18 March, so you can submit another answer today - Wed 20 March 2019 - as the list was not up at midnight and after your post slight_smile

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 181 of 374

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Damnit!!!

Just noticed Musician posted as Mr Wilson

Ah well, tomorrow's another day, an edit would be cheating slight_frown

Message 183 of 374

Mi-Amigo
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry @jonsie Mr Wilson in Taxman has been found.

It is not cheating. I will make allowance because you have been away, so you can have another go today [Wed].

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 184 of 374

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have a query @Mi-Amigo 

If someone has correctly posted the persons first name in a song, but the lyrics also include the same persons FULL name, would that be allowed? 

I have a particular song in mind. (Nothing to do with Taxman)

PS Off to bed now...Goodnight

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 185 of 374

Mi-Amigo
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I have a query @Mi-Amigo 

If someone has correctly posted the persons first name in a song, but the lyrics also include the same persons FULL name, would that be allowed? 

The straightforward answer is "yes". For example, using the [unaccepted name previously mentioned] - if the lyrics contained "Eddie" AND also "Edward" then both - given in two separate answers - would be allowed and both would be correct.

Hope that helps.

Goodnight @Cleoriff 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 186 of 374

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

I have a query @Mi-Amigo 

The straightforward answer is "yes". For example, using the [unaccepted name previously mentioned] - if the lyrics contained "Eddie" AND also "Edward" then both - given in two separate answers - would be allowed and both would be correct.

Hope that helps.

Goodnight @Cleoriff 

Just to be clear, I was talking about first name and surname.

For instance if the name Joe had been correctly answered and later in the same song Joe Bloggs (same person) was mentioned, would it be ok to answer with Joe Bloggs @Mi-Amigo ?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 187 of 374

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22946 Posts
  • 1024 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Edit: We posted the same name at exactly the same time @jonsie. You can have it.

My pick for today is Doris in the song Two Of Us

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 189 of 374

MusicIan
Level 4: Observant
  • 60 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Denis OBell - you know my name (look up my number).

Please note as I am having trouble and stress finding names now my friend Arthur Wood has kindly offered to change his first name to Norwegian. 

Message 190 of 374