Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some Good News For A Change

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

The missing Thai boys lost in a cave have been found alive after nine days.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44688909

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Certainly is good news slight_smile

Message 2 of 38

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Good news indeed @Bambino. Now let's hope they can get all of them out alive from the cave. It sounds like it won't be easy with rising water and mud slides.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 38

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122820 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Great to hear this. They need to get food and water to them first and hopefully all will go well during the rescue.

The look on their parents faces is an absolute joy to see heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 38

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Close to home and I've been following this day by day. Best news for a long time and the boys were in remarkably good spirits.

Message 5 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122820 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Following this on the news tonight....good news they are found, not so good an the decisions yet to be made about getting them out. None of the boys can swim, so the options are

1) Leave them there till the rainy season is over (October) which risks another flash flood and they could drown

2) Send in the Navy seals to teach them to swim and dive underwater, which creates difficulties as the gaps they have to swim through are difficult enough for an accomplished cave diver.

My thoughts are they have to try to get them out now...not leave them till October...

A decision will be made tomorrow.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 38

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Now it's the rainy season and believe me when it rains the Thai drains can't cope in the cities and towns. Those caves will fill up and no amount of umping will get sufficient water out as the rain is incessant. Now t also rains in October and it's usually towards the middle of November when the dry season starts. To me it's a no-brainer, get them out as soon as they have had sufficient scuba training. Ordinarily I wouldn't trust the Thai authorities to get them out but they have British diver on scene and even though some of the boys can't swim, I'm sure we can get them back to their families within a couple of weeks.

Message 7 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122820 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Yes there are two British navy Seals there @jonsie They were the ones who found them. I believe one is actually down the cave now starting to train the kids...

No brainer really as you say. Get them out.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122820 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Tragic news on this rescue. One of the cave divers died when he took in supplies.:smileysad:

Petty Officer Saman Gunan lost consciousness on his way out of the Tham Luang cave complex, where he had been delivering air tanks.

"His job was to deliver oxygen. He did not have enough on his way back," the Chiang Rai deputy governor said.

He was brought out by his dive partner but could not be revived.

PO Saman Gunan, who is thought to have been 38, had left the navy but returned to help the rescue operation.heart

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44734385

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122820 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Latest news.

This is becoming more desperate now. The boys are running out of air, so the actual rescue has to be put on hold whilst oxygen tanks are ferried through to them.

The oxygen cylinders are being carried by hand up the mountain, where the divers have to make the 5 hr trek through the tunnel to get them through to the boys.

Also now it has started to rain...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 38