Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, What Do You Watch On TV?

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

As everyone knows I'm a TV addict and watch lots of TV. But I'm curious, how much TV do you watch and what type of programmes do you prefer?

The World Cup is in full swing and Wimbledon is around the corner. Is either or both what will have you glued to the telly or do you hate sport and drama is more your thing. Perhaps you like a good laugh, and comedy is more to your taste. Like to test your knowledge and quiz shows get your attention or are you into the soaps here and abroad?

So, what do you watch on TV and what are your favourite shows?

Also with 100s of TV channels do you think we now have more choice and better programmes or did we have better quality TV with fewer channels?

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122350 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Huh.
It is shown on Sky Living, but not sure if it is available in the Sky Box Sets (don't have Sky, so not sure).
Definitely exists though:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Doctor_(TV_series)#Broadcast

No just checked Box Sets and not available. Oh well I will have to wait for the next showing..disappointed_relieved

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 36

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
There are other ways to find it (Terrarium is the more recent one...)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 22 of 36

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122350 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
There are other ways to find it (Terrarium is the more recent one...)

Yes, My lad has an android wifi box with Terrarium on. Though I see it can be downloaded to a windows PC (the same as Mobdro) using an Android Emulator like Bluestacks.. I have Mobdro on my own PC...Can't afford to miss any F1 should I be away...wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 36

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I use Terrarium more than anything as I tend to watch stuff after the event - the exception being the odd football game where Mobdro is used.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 24 of 36

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Not only do you see shows you missed from your list @Cleoriff but, in my case, you also see spelling mistakes. I said Mobidro when I meant Mobdro......oops 😆

Happy Valley was missed from my list as well. Not very happy I agree @gmarkj but unmissable TV. Sarah Lancashire was superb and is one of my favourite actors.

Trouble is, if I listed every show I watch or have watched it would go on forever. Another drama that should have been on my list is Wentworth which returns on Saturday at 10pm on 5Star. It's an updated Prisoner Cell Block H, if anyone remembers that.

Message 25 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

My television is always on in the background, even if I’m not really watching it. But thinking of the programmes that I regularly record, then it’s generally a mix of music programmes like “Later with Jools Holland”, and dramas like “Humans” (“Versailles” is another that I’m currently watching). I only have Freeview, so I’m limited really to the best on offer from the BBC, ITV, or Channel 4, but I’ve watched every series of “Peaky Blinders”, which I think is a good example of British drama at its very best. 

I do take an interest in current affairs, so rarely miss programmes like Question Time, or the Daily Politics. And I do like my sport, but I’m more of a rugby fan than football, but I am watching the World Cup (just rather selective about which games I choose to watch).

Message 26 of 36

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Anonymous you say you "only have Freeview so am limited to the best on offer from the BBC, ITV or Channel 4". I also only have Freeview but there are many more channels than just the 3 you mention. I assume that none of the other channels have any programmes of interest to you?

Message 27 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122350 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have never watched Wentworth @Glory1 as I couldn't stand Prisoner Cell Block H. It always seemed a bit of a cheap production show? (Each to their own)

Things past I have enjoyed (in the comedy genre)....

Anything with Victoria Wood and Julie Walters. Particularly Acorn Antiques, and DinnerLadies.

Their drama Pat and Margaret was superb.

I also liked The Vicar Of Dibley

Peter Kay in Phoenix Nights is another comedy show I love. An acquired taste but very funny.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 wrote:
@Anonymousyou say you "only have Freeview so am limited to the best on offer from the BBC, ITV or Channel 4". I also only have Freeview but there are many more channels than just the 3 you mention. I assume that none of the other channels have any programmes of interest to you?

Yes, I do occasionally watch other channels, and of course I neglected to mention Channel 5, which does also have some good content. But I rarely bother with channels like E4 or ITV 2, as they seem to have a lot of repeats, or programmes like “Love Island” which are of no interest to me. Maybe I’m missing out on a lot of good programmes, but the kind of content that I’m most likely to record (and watch several times) would usually be the programmes that are found on what I would consider to be the main channels. 

Message 29 of 36

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
PCBH was a cheap production @Cleoriff, hence the shaky sets but I loved it. Wentworth has done away with the shaky sets and the 'cheap' feel of the show. Also more diversity in their actors. There are a number of Aboriginal and Asian actors in the show now. PCBH was all white with one Aboriginal with a non-speaking part.

But as you say each to their own.

I also loved Victoria Wood (sadly missed) and Julie Waters in Acorn Antiques and Dinner Ladies. And Pat and Margaret was, I agree, superb.

I like Dawn French so was a fan of The Vicar of Dibley.

Peter Kay is an acquired taste. I like his stand up routines but wasn't a fan of Phoenix Nights.

Message 30 of 36