Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, What Do You Watch On TV?

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

As everyone knows I'm a TV addict and watch lots of TV. But I'm curious, how much TV do you watch and what type of programmes do you prefer?

The World Cup is in full swing and Wimbledon is around the corner. Is either or both what will have you glued to the telly or do you hate sport and drama is more your thing. Perhaps you like a good laugh, and comedy is more to your taste. Like to test your knowledge and quiz shows get your attention or are you into the soaps here and abroad?

So, what do you watch on TV and what are your favourite shows?

Also with 100s of TV channels do you think we now have more choice and better programmes or did we have better quality TV with fewer channels?

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not sure how or why I missed Supervet and For the love of Dogs.

Spooks was one of my all time favourite dramas, I was quite 'bereft' when it finished so I do watch repeats.

I also like Vera, Death in Paradise and Midsomer Murders (though I would hate to live in Midsomer) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92911 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

At the moment wall to wall football. F1,cricket, rugby union and league. Tennis a no no!

American box sets such as NCIS Los Angeles, Hawai 5-0

Love British thrillers or detective dramas too.

Message 12 of 36

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I watch some reality TV such as Strictly Come Dancing, I'm a Celebrity (Get me out of here) 

Haha, I watch that too (the German version, early january every year)... It's like nobody says I'm watching it, but everyone knows what happened (It's THE German anti-social tv event).

I love 2 pairing shows aswell. One is "search for daughter in law" (so the mothers are searching for their sons who don't have an own life) and farmer seaches wife.

nobody (cought) watches them... But like the other show everyone knows the guys on there xD

I also watch Sherlock, Doc Who, things like South Park (you don't need to think about)... And many many others.

*Edit: @Cleoriff My mom loves Midsomer Murders (Inspector Barnaby is the name here), and I think it's sooooo beautiful there! Like Chesham ❤️

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 13 of 36

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

As everyone knows I'm a TV addict and watch lots of TV. But I'm curious, how much TV do you watch and what type of programmes do you prefer?

The World Cup is in full swing and Wimbledon is around the corner. Is either or both what will have you glued to the telly or do you hate sport and drama is more your thing. Perhaps you like a good laugh, and comedy is more to your taste. Like to test your knowledge and quiz shows get your attention or are you into the soaps here and abroad?

So, what do you watch on TV and what are your favourite shows?

Also with 100s of TV channels do you think we now have more choice and better programmes or did we have better quality TV with fewer channels?

And cue one of the forgotten tunes of the 90's:

For me, whatever I have on my Netflix list (mainly sci-fi, Anime and er more animation) that takes my interest. On mainstream TV, its Football, SCD when its on and the odd show here and there as I don't tend to watch anything outside of a couple of hours in the evening. Which I must add, multi-screening!

Quality is subjective but enough to say in my opinion, the BBC isn't improving with the competition. 

Message 14 of 36

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Depends on what is on at the time!
Most of what I watch has been mentioned already, but there are a few left so here goes...
DIYSOS (I dare anyone to watch those and not struggle to see the screen at the end)
Just Tatoo of Us (people choose tattoos for their friend/relative/partner) LOTS of choice language and very questionable tattoos. Also very funny.
Ackley Bridge (school drama)
Educating XXX (actual going-ons in schools)
The Good Doctor (American medical drama about an autistic doctor)
The Resident (another American medical drama, this time about a resident trying to stop the chief surgeon from botching too many operations)
24 hours in A&E (reality show about 24 hours in a hospital A&E department)
24 hours in police custody (as above but police custody)
First Dates

Those are ones that get watched in traditional format (on TV).
Also watched on phone/tablet
The Strain (vampire horror series based on the Guillermo Del Toro books - very gory but good)
Agents of Shield (based on the Marvel films)
DareDevil/Jessica Jones/Luke Cage/Iron Fist (Marvel series. Not watched Punisher yet).
Also used to watch Family Guy/American Dad but have fallen behind on those.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 15 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Someone posts their viewings and then you think Oh I forgot that!

DIY SOS, I always watch that......and yes I'm blubbing at the end.

Never heard of The Good Doctor, it sounds interesting so I will check that out.

Other dramas I have watched and loved

Doc Martin.

The Good Karma Hospital

The Durrells

Happy Valley

Scott and Bailey

Being Human. (the first tv show with Aidan Turner in)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkjI have just checked The Good Doctor on Sky ...the only thing I can find is a film. No series?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 36

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Watched the first series of Happy Valley. Not really very happy if honest...
Good Doctor is really interesting. Apparently the American version is a remake of the South Korean which is the original.
Also like Doc Martin and the odd episode of Being Human I have seen.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 18 of 36

gmarkj
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Huh.
It is shown on Sky Living, but not sure if it is available in the Sky Box Sets (don't have Sky, so not sure).
Definitely exists though:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Doctor_(TV_series)#Broadcast

Message 19 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Watched the first series of Happy Valley. Not really very happy if honest...No I think Sarah Lancashire said that during one of the episodes, Gritty drama though
Good Doctor is really interesting. Apparently the American version is a remake of the South Korean which is the original. Sadly not available on catch up
Also like Doc Martin (Great seeing Martin Clunes playing someone so grumpy and the odd episode of
Being Human I have seen.(absolutely great series if you have a good imagination and can conceive of a vampire, ghost and werewolf living in society today. cool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 36