Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, What Do You Watch On TV?

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

As everyone knows I'm a TV addict and watch lots of TV. But I'm curious, how much TV do you watch and what type of programmes do you prefer?

The World Cup is in full swing and Wimbledon is around the corner. Is either or both what will have you glued to the telly or do you hate sport and drama is more your thing. Perhaps you like a good laugh, and comedy is more to your taste. Like to test your knowledge and quiz shows get your attention or are you into the soaps here and abroad?

So, what do you watch on TV and what are your favourite shows?

Also with 100s of TV channels do you think we now have more choice and better programmes or did we have better quality TV with fewer channels?

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Football, Rugby, F1 from a sporting perspective.
Period drama box sets on Netflix for other forms of viewing.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 36

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I finished the Good Wife last night, and in general watch pretty much anything Netflix and Prime offers. A few I can think of as examples:

For Netflix - Crime documentaries, the Marvel shows (Jessica Jones and Daredevil), iZombie, Designated Survivor, Black Mirror, Suits, Stranger things, Mindhunter, Orange is the New Black ...

For Prime - Sneaky Pete, The Tick, ...

Others - Doctor Who, Sherlock, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley ...

@MI5 I've been increasingly interested in Period dramas but not sure which one to watch next (I recently watched Alias Grace and loved it). Any suggestions?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 36

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm watching Outlander at the moment which is a bit new for me (set in the 18th century) but have previously watched Spartacus, Rome, Cleopatra, The Tudors, The Borgias, Da Vinci's Demons etc.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 36

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 I watched the first season and a half or so of Outlander and it was really great, I'm not sure why I stopped there but it might be time to pick it up again. That's quite a list of shows you put there, thanks for all the suggestions I'll work my way through some of them when I get a chance smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 36

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Some of them are kinda 18+ so choose depending on your mood wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 36

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@MI5 I like your choices of period dramas, some of which I own and some, like The Tudors and Spartacus, I watched on TV as I only have Freeview.

@EmilieT Outlander season 2 is now on More4 Thursdays at 9pm or 10pm on +1. Read all but 2 of the books on which the series is based. And they've done a fairly accurate translation to TV.

The Paramount Network comes to Freeview 4th July and looks to have some good TV drama and films. I'm looking forward to the new Suits and Lip Sync Battle (US version the British one's pants). Just what I need another TV channel, like I don't watch enough TV 🤣😂

Message 7 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I won't use this as an excuse to pretend I watch TV programmes to impress anyone but myself.

So I will start off by saying I watch 2 soaps. Emmerdale and Coronation Street.

I watch some reality TV such as Strictly Come Dancing, I'm a Celebrity (Get me out of here)  Britains got Talent. Gogglebox

Documentaries....I love any wildlife programme fronted by Sir David Attenborough. The Blue Planet and Planet Earth being two of my favourites. I also view ANY programme related to Big Cats. The Natural World and Wild Discovery. Anything related to the NHS

Drama, I love Sherlock, Peaky Blinders, Downton Abbey, Humans, Siren. Poldark, Silent Witness, Waking the Dead and many many more.

Sport.... F1, Football (occasionally), Snooker.

I will not watch any cookery programmes except the Great British Bake off.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 36

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I suppose I should give some idea what I watch, trying not to duplicate shows already mentioned many of which I watch or own.

Drama, any good drama really though I do have a preference for 'cop' shows and anything legal. Some favourites are Bull, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, Rookie Blue, Chicago PD, Longmire, Hawaii 5-O, Elementary, Line of Duty NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, NCIS New Orleans, Gotham, Supernatural, Grimm (which I own as well) Empire, Star and numerous others.

Reality apart from SCD (already mentioned by @Cleoriff) The Apprentice and Come Dine With Me.

Comedy, Young Sheldon, All Round to Mrs Browns, The Big Bang Theory.

Documentaries, @Cleoriff covered it nicely.

Quiz Shows, Pointless, The Chase, Eggheads, Perfection.

Sport, football and tennis occasionally and, having downloaded Mobidro, baseball.

Soaps, Doctors and Hollyoaks.

Cookery shows same as @Cleoriff.

Entertainment, The Ellen Degeneres show.

I also watch Question Time which I guess is News.

Message 9 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

Morse / Lewis / Endeavour ... Spooks

Game of Thrones

Strictly Come Dancing ... Dancing on Ice

Poldark ... Downton Abbey

the Supervet

Mrs Brown's Boys ... Peter Kay's Carshare

I don't watch as much tv as I used to ... & ... sometimes it's on the iPlayer

Message 10 of 36