Snow, yes or no?

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

O2 Community 2019 Advent Calendar

Hey everyone, 

At this time of year the chances of snow on the ground increases and the bookies are taking bets on the odds of snowfall on Christmas day. The question of today's Advent Calendar topic is do you dislike it when it snows or do you fall into the Bing Crosby camp of dreaming of a white Christmas? 

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 16.11.44.png

Snow on the ground can make even the most dreary landscape look beautiful, facilitate snowball fights, sledging and all sorts of winter fun. 

On the flip side it can bring soggy feet, difficult or even treacherous driving conditions and make simple outdoor tasks a pain. 

So, what are your thoughts on this fairly rare weather event in the UK? Is it snow or no for you? yahoo

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Yes please!
I appreciate the impact that it has on most, and that it is negative, however with a young child it is great fun to get out and play in it.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Yes please!
I appreciate the impact that it has on most, and that it is negative, however with a young child it is great fun to get out and play in it.

I remember those days with fondness @gmarkj . We live in a cul de sac and whilst the snow was turning dirty and slushy elsewhere, ours remained pristine for days. Snowmen lasted and great fun seeing who could do the best snow angel...snowflake

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 14

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I don't like snow as I really really don't like cold weather. I'd enjoy snow if it was possible to have it during summer for max 1 week, and it wouldn't be cold to the touch. nerd nerd nerd 

Sometimes I do think it looks very pretty (when I don't have to be in it), especially in the countryside or forest, with clear sky early in the day when it's light outside. The snow is undisturbed, or with some bird/animal footprints. slight_smile Snowy trees can look really nice too.

Snowy forest

But having said that, it's a 'no' for me overall. tongue

Message 13 of 14

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I do like snow, but it's horrible getting to work when we have loads of it.  I walk or cycle (always walk when it snows).  Was a mission getting to work a couple of years back when we had loads of snow.

This country can't cope with anything other than overcast dull weather LOL

Thanks

Steve
Message 14 of 14