Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Reply
Highlighted
Posts: 8,739
Topics: 102
Ideas: 2
Registered: ‎11-04-2012

Snail mail (I mean *really* slow...!)

Here's the reaso your Inbox might be a little lighter on the doormat than normal today:

 

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/06/10/symantec_security_cloud_outage/

 

So let's all rush to Faceache or Titter yahoo

'Phenomenal cosmic powers, itty-bitty living space!'
Highlighted
Posts: 76,290
Topics: 699
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: Snail mail (I mean *really* slow...!)

I love this well written explanation in the article rolling eyes

 

"The security software giant said unspecified gremlins knackered its cloud-hosted email filtering service, resulting in email flows slowing to a trickle for customers in North America and EMEA."

*The Game Is On*


Highlighted
Posts: 8,739
Topics: 102
Ideas: 2
Registered: ‎11-04-2012

Re: Snail mail (I mean *really* slow...!)

El-Reg, as it is known, have some sharp tacks on their staff... But they pride themselves on stooping some articles down to the level of your average, well, (insert daily paper here) headline... 🙄
'Phenomenal cosmic powers, itty-bitty living space!'
Highlighted
Posts: 72,650
Topics: 555
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: Snail mail (I mean *really* slow...!)

So not for us higher echelons then.....

Highlighted
Posts: 8,739
Topics: 102
Ideas: 2
Registered: ‎11-04-2012

Re: Snail mail (I mean *really* slow...!)


@jonsie wrote:

So not for us higher echelons then.....


Far, far beneath the depths abyss abysmal levels found here on the Community Forum, @jonsie, yes LOL

'Phenomenal cosmic powers, itty-bitty living space!'
Highlighted
Level 10: Inspirational
Posts: 484
Registered: ‎27-05-2019

Re: Snail mail (I mean *really* slow...!)

@Cleoriff 

 

I do recommend reading El Reg even to those who don't work in any technical field as they do put an amusing slant on what most would consider very dry material

 

Been reading it since I was in sixth form college and my school finally decided to get an Internet connection.

 

It only took them until 1998....

 

 

Current tech used:
Nokia 5 on giffgaff, Core i7 9700F PC with Win 10 Pro. Apple Mac Mini late 2014 with Core i5 running 10.15
Home Internet Connection: Zen Internet Fibre To The Premises Full Fibre 1 38 Mbps Down/9 Mbps up,
I don't work for O2 but have an interest in networks (including mobile) and IT (which is how I earn my living)
Highlighted
Posts: 8,739
Topics: 102
Ideas: 2
Registered: ‎11-04-2012

Re: Snail mail (I mean *really* slow...!)

[ Edited ]

Wot @techtamer said, @Cleoriff thumbsup

 


@techtamer wrote:

@Cleoriff 

 

I do recommend reading El Reg even to those who don't work in any technical field as they do put an amusing slant on what most would consider very dry material. 


 

https://www.theregister.co.uk/

 

 

'Phenomenal cosmic powers, itty-bitty living space!'
Highlighted
Posts: 76,290
Topics: 699
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: Snail mail (I mean *really* slow...!)


@pgn wrote:

Wot @techtamer said, @Cleoriff thumbsup

 


@techtamer wrote:

@Cleoriff 

 

I do recommend reading El Reg even to those who don't work in any technical field as they do put an amusing slant on what most would consider very dry material. 


 

https://www.theregister.co.uk/

 

 


Next week maybe? I have a lot on this week Smiley Sad

*The Game Is On*


Highlighted
Posts: 8,739
Topics: 102
Ideas: 2
Registered: ‎11-04-2012

Re: Snail mail (I mean *really* slow...!)


@Cleoriff wrote:

Next week maybe? I have a lot on this week Smiley Sad


Hey, yeah, sure - no pressure, I know there's a lot going on this week. Hug

'Phenomenal cosmic powers, itty-bitty living space!'
Highlighted
Posts: 12,111
Topics: 259
Registered: ‎11-01-2014

Re: Snail mail (I mean *really* slow...!)


@pgn wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Next week maybe? I have a lot on this week Smiley Sad


Hey, yeah, sure - no pressure, I know there's a lot going on this week. Hug


hello @Cleoriff kissing heart Hug heart

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*



I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry