cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky remote record service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Topic.

I've tried it via Sky.com and the Android app, and the remote recordings haven't worked either time!

I rang Sky up yesterday to see if there's a problem with the service, the woman didn't understand me at first, I explained again, very slowly, and she put me through to Sky Go, I explained the problem to them, and this woman said "you are speaking to the wrong department", eh?! I have very little time for daft call centre staff at the best of times, but lately, Sky's so called "service" is a joke IMO.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Yet another moan Richard, is there anyone you find competent?

I use both Sky Reminder for my when favourite new series are starting and also Sky+.

I got reminders whilst in Thailand for 3 months and used the app to record the series. They were waiting for me when I got home. I suggest it is your fault and your problem. The app works perfectly, just as it was designed to.

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Richard,

What do you means by a "weeks exile" ??

Like the others I've used Sky+ on my iPhone without any major issues.

SkyGo will not work on my iPhone because its jail-broken but no biggie as I use other Apps.

The only problem I encountered occasionally was when I hooked up to change channels of my Sky + box via my iphone, as sometimes it would not show up as a valid sky box to connect to.

I've now cancelled my Sky subscription and watch free to air channels and the option of changing channels via my iphone remains... Result.

Message 12 of 16

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

This question should be asked on Skys own forums and not just another moan on this site. http://helpforum.sky.com/ (mods I hope this link is ok)

O2 has nothing to do with this issue.

Why waste the bandwith on here?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do not like the question, do not read the post.

Do you see?

Message 14 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you constantly make posts criticising other people and services on here you musn't be surprised if people respond.

If you don't like the reactions you get then maybe you should consider whether you should make them elsewhere.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please, guys. There's no need to be unpleasant. Locking this.

Message 16 of 16