cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should classic songs be remixed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now and again I like to listen to a bit of Johnny Cash and I bought a copy of the famous two prison concerts on CD.

Because of the sort of music I listen to in general I also became aware of a Johnny Cash remixed album (I've not purchased a copy as yet)

One of the tracks on the album is a remix of Folsom Prison Blues by Pete Rock which isn't bad I don't think but do you think such tracks should be remixed?

A more well known example is Junkie XL's remix of a Little Less Conversation by Elvis (Presley of course)

So the question is, should such tracks be remixed and does it make people seek out the original?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think that’s exactly the same @Cleoriff
Message 11 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes but I don't have a problem with some artists (hologram) being used to record with the living. Nancy Sinatra did a lovely one with her Dad. Freddy Mercury has been seen on stage singing with Adam Lambert and I'm sure David Bowie did one since his untimely death. I dont have an issue as long as it's done sensitively.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 13

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10760 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes but I don't have a problem with some artists (hologram) being used to record with the living. Nancy Sinatra did a lovely one with her Dad. Freddy Mercury has been seen on stage singing with Adam Lambert and I'm sure David Bowie did one since his untimely death. I dont have an issue as long as it's done sensitively.

OMG IT'S WORSE THAN I THOUGHT 🤓

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 13 of 13