Did you mean: 

Should all handsets be water-resistant?

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

With the announcement of Sony's latest smartphone Xperia Z at the CES 2013 - A debatable question has made me a bit curious and I'm wondering what do you peeps think?

According to sources, "about one in 10 people had dropped their phone down a toilet at some point" - well, I definitely haven't (till now :)) however, should all handsets be water-resistant? 

Xperia Z

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92907 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
If I'm honest the second time was after brushing my teeth and I was checking the traffic on my phone went to put it into my pocket and forget I didn't have any pockets on my jumper lol.

Only you could do that Liquid!

Message 11 of 16

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Lol agreed:(

Was meant to say Pajamas not jumper:/

I don't brush my teeth over the toilet haha
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I find it strange that a quick dunk in water sometimes has end of life circumstances for phones. Having been an angler for longer than I care to admit we use bite indicators that are battered by the rain at times and never a issue with water ingress into the electronics.

I feel a conspiracy theory brewing

Message 13 of 16

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Rain water is clean to a large extent.

De-ionised/distilled water can be used as collant in direct contact with components. (Well some precautions haha)

It's the rubbish we have in our water added by the water board that creates the ability to conduct electricity.

however I'm sure you know that already:) 

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Liquid wrote:

Rain water is clean to a large extent.

De-ionised/distilled water can be used as collant in direct contact with components. (Well some precautions haha)

It's the rubbish we have in our water added by the water board that creates the ability to conduct electricity.

however I'm sure you know that already:) 

I am tethering which seems to dislike emoticions for some strange reason, Guess a data issue.  My last post was meant to end in a smiley.

Message 15 of 16

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha sorry 😞

Message 16 of 16