Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sherlock

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yesterday (May 22nd) was Sherlock Holmes Day.

So I was absolutely delighted to find out Benedict Cumberbatch as Shelock will be back.

Not a series, not an episode but a 'new adventure'

Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat the writers, have stated.....:

An “intercepted transmission” between Whitehall grandee Mycroft Holmes and his consulting detective brother Sherlock hints that the British government is considering enlisting the help of members of the public in a mysterious project.

How this will happen and when, I have no idea...tongue_winking

I don't care. If he is back, I am more than excited  *The Game Is On* (as per my signature) Bouncy

Sherlock Game is on.jpg

More info here 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

No email for me still @Glory1 and @Cleoriff, I might give it another go I fear something's gone wrong now sweat_smile

If I find that mug again anywhere I'll send it your way @Cleoriff, promise! You say you missed out on that one, does it imply you have other Sherlock mugs or goodies?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 31 of 44

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

No email for me still @Glory1 and @Cleoriff, I might give it another go I fear something's gone wrong now sweat_smile

If I find that mug again anywhere I'll send it your way @Cleoriff, promise! You say you missed out on that one, does it imply you have other Sherlock mugs or goodies?

Yes I think you're right @EmilieT you should have received an email by now. In fact within minutes of registering like myself and @Cleoriff

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 32 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

My registration email came immediately @EmilieT.

Re Sherlock mugs. My son bought me one for Christmas 2 years ago. Sadly his daughter dropped it when I let her open the parcel. We were all so upset as he had it personalised for me..

It never got replaced (he was out of work at the time) sob.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 44

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Re Sherlock mugs. My son bought me one for Christmas 2 years ago. Sadly his daughter dropped it when I let her open the parcel. We were all so upset as he had it personalised for me..

Moriaty dun it...

Message 34 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Moriaty dun it...

I knew he would have a hand in it joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Cleoriff for the news & tasty 'clip'

I'm a Sherlock fan ... & ... can happily watch repeats Happy Dance

Message 36 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Same here Jane. I have 3 episodes from the Alibi channel, sitting waiting for my enjoyment.

Problem is, there are so many good things to watch at the moment...

Humans

The Split

Midsomer Murders (new series)

A Very English Scandal

Patrick Melrose (also starring Benedict C and a bit weird if honest)

Innocent (brilliant but finished last week)

Siren

A/E Live. On all week, celebrating the 70th anniversary of the NHS

Not forgetting Sky Atlantic who are bombarding us with great drama

Anyway back to Sherlock....I am sure he will wait patiently to enchant me with The Game Is On (again) Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 44

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff & @Glory1, finally got my email party

That's quite a list ... I'm curious, would you/have you watched Elementary? It started shortly after Sherlock and is using a similar angle (modern Sherlock). I've heard mixed reviews but it might be an interesting thing to watch while waiting for more info on what this Mycroft/Sherlock transmission was about?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 38 of 44

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@EmilieTI watch Elementary on Pick and personally enjoy it. Johnnie Lee Miller plays a very quirky Sherlock who is a recovering drug addict. Lucy Liu is his assisant/sidekick Watson, a former surgeon who joined Sherlock initially as his companion, paid for by his father, to ensure he stayed off the drugs. Together they work with a police captain to solve crimes.

It's as different from Sherlock as you can get. In Sherlock Moriarity is male but in Elementary the character is a woman. Still I find Elementary enjoyable.

It's on tonight at 9pm, or 10pm on Pick+1 if you've the time to watch it @EmilieT

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 39 of 44

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I will be out for a concert tonight @Glory1 but maybe later on, once I am done with The Good Wife/Fight, and until we know more our our dear Sherlock, it might be an interesting one to watch nerd 

signature

Message 40 of 44