Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sherlock

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Yesterday (May 22nd) was Sherlock Holmes Day.

So I was absolutely delighted to find out Benedict Cumberbatch as Shelock will be back.

Not a series, not an episode but a 'new adventure'

Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat the writers, have stated.....:

An “intercepted transmission” between Whitehall grandee Mycroft Holmes and his consulting detective brother Sherlock hints that the British government is considering enlisting the help of members of the public in a mysterious project.

How this will happen and when, I have no idea...tongue_winking

I don't care. If he is back, I am more than excited  *The Game Is On* (as per my signature) Bouncy

Sherlock Game is on.jpg

More info here 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I have you down as a cookery and virtual reality programmes type of guy. Please do enlighten us 😉

To quote myself :

@Anonymous wrote:
I rarely watch cookery shows as my feeling is that cookery takes the length of time it takes .. and the TV production constraints inherent in creating a half an hour show dont mesh well with the realities. It doesn't help that most successful head chefs and restauranters are driven egomaniacs in a horrible competitive world who will fo anything for free publicity, including trying to make an omlette in under 10 seconds on live tv. What makes them thnk they are qualified to teach, judge or host TV shows is beyond me. You dont get YoYo Mah doing the Great British Cello off, where aspireing chellists compete to win a plce in the great man's orchestra ffs!!!

Having said that I really liked Keith Floyd, Anthony Bourdian and am ok with Rick Stein. I can't stand Gordon Ramsey, nor Jamie Oliver. Marco horrible human being that he is, will always be a hero cos he produced the best things I have ever eaten.

Seared Scallops with Pea Puree, chrizo & saffron - Oak Room

Pied de Cochon aux Morilles, Pierre Koffmann - Oak Room

Prune Souffle - Harvey's.

Heston's gone mental but I liked his 'Search for Perfection' and though the Fat Duck was a delight when it was two star. These days it's like entering a competition to pay a grand to win a four hour 15 course gastronoimc holiday in a small restaurant in Berkshire. http://www.thefatduck.co.uk

Ian's top shows.

Perfect

1. The Wire
  2. Six feet Under
  3. Lost
  4. Edge of Darkness (BBC)
  5. The Leftovers
  6. The Larry Sanders Show

Almost Perfect

1. Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads
  2. The Americans
  3. Friday Night Lights
  4. Hill Street Blues
  5. Floyd on France ect
  6. Who wants to win £32k or not lose £96k
  7. ITV 4 TdF highlights show post 2016.

Slightly Flawed

1. The Sopranos
  2. Seinfeld
  3. Fraiser
  4. Horizon
  5. Dr Who.

Message 21 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

This was a thread I started about Sherlock. Interesting how it has developed

I will just put this 'intercepted conversation' between Sherlock and Mycroft here ....

Along with the usual sarcastic brotherly badinage, Mycroft tells Sherlock that “certain cells of the network have gone rather quiet… We are simply short of minds – no amount of quiet recruitment can compensate for our sheer dearth of numbers – we shall have to recruit… publicly…”

“Recruit… real people?” asks Sherlock, aghast. “Mycroft, you know you can’t trust them, they’re into all sorts of strange things – high protein yoghurts, photographs of food, voting.”

“Yes, but at least they’re replaceable,” says Mycroft.

Now I will just pop off and watch the drivers press conference for the Monaco F1...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 44

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

As someone else who can't stand cookery programmes I'll just say that the only chefs I could name would be Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsey, simply because I have dined

At their restaurants. Our Ian can name people I have never heard of which to me shows some interest. However I quite like his choice of programmes. I'm off for some physio...... 

Message 23 of 44

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Cookery programmes might be good as a separate topic on this board as it looks like it would create some interesting discussion - feel free to start one if you'd like to talk about them in more detail! slight_smile

Turning back on topic - Sherlock. Happy Dance I confess I haven't watched past the first season a few years ago. I recently saw Benedict Cumberbatch in another role and really liked him and it sparked an interest for watching Sherlock, so if I get some time I'll add it to my list. Interested in seeing what format this new adventure takes if not an episode on TV. 

@Cleoriff that conversation you quoted LOL

Message 24 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Turning back on topic - Sherlock. Happy Dance I confess I haven't watched past the first season a few years ago. I recently saw Benedict Cumberbatch in another role and really liked him and it sparked an interest for watching Sherlock, so if I get some time I'll add it to my list. Interested in seeing what format this new adventure takes if not an episode on TV. 

@Cleoriff that conversation you quoted LOL

Well... he does call himself a high functioning sociopath @Marjo joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 44

Anonymous
Not applicable

It must be pretty strange for any actor new to be phenomenon to discover that hundreds if not thousands of fan fiction web pages exist solely for the purpose of imagining romantic and sexual relationships (shipping) between their character with another of the same or opposite sex. And the villification of the actor, if they show any signs of not being happy about this, or worse not being happy being in the show at all..

It doesn't help when king of the fanboys Stephen Moffat is producing and you are Martin Freeman, one of our more um down to earth actors.

All of which is kinda hard to explain in family newspapers who pander to their readers entitled beliefs.

Message 26 of 44

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Oh look...My subscription is confirmed. Bring it on...Drum

the game is now.JPG

Yes mine has been as well @Cleoriff. Bring it on indeedyahoo

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 27 of 44

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Glory1 & @Cleoriff Did you receive this confirmation via email or just on the screen after registering? I want to make sure I'm not missing out on any of the fun smiling

On a side note, I found my Sherlock mug that I thought you might both (and all) appreciate in honour of this topic- perfect for a cuppa while rewatching all the episodes soon, before this big mysterious new adventure!

33365717_1745338895561095_7113765709733167104_n.jpg

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 28 of 44

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I received confirmation by email @EmilieT. Like the mug 😉
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 29 of 44

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Glory1 & @Cleoriff Did you receive this confirmation via email or just on the screen after registering? I want to make sure I'm not missing out on any of the fun smiling

On a side note, I found my Sherlock mug that I thought you might both (and all) appreciate in honour of this topic- perfect for a cuppa while rewatching all the episodes soon, before this big mysterious new adventure!

**Personal info**95561095_7113765709733167104_n.jpg

I received the email @EmilieT. Oh and can you send me that mug please? . I seem to have missed out on that one Bow

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 44