Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone,

As the title suggests, today is... 

World Emoji Day!

🥳 🤗 🤪 😹 🧶 😍 🤤 👋 

This is an unofficial holiday held annually since 2014, celebrating the world of emojis!

I came across some fun facts about World Emoji Day as well as emojis themseves. Thought you might find these interesting:

• Today was chosen as the World Emoji Day, because the number 17 is displayed on most calendar emojis 📅
  • A mosquito emoji 🦟 was added in 2018 to raise awareness for diseases spread by the insect
  • There's a website that tracks emojis used on Twitter in real time (note that there's an epilepsy warning as the page updates so rapidly with blinking lights) At the moment of typing this the most popular emoji on Twitter seems to be the Face With Tears of Joy. 😂
  • Japanese designer Shigetaka Kurita is credited as the creator of the first emoji on a mobile phone in 1999.
  • There is a short emoji documentary narrated by Sir David Attenborough! You can watch it here
  • While I was searching for the info above I also found this site that shows cute "art" made of emojis, check it out 😀 emojiart.org

(official Emoji Day website here)

I managed to make the following as my own emoji art piece... it depicts me with my cat, sitting outside in the sun, next to palm trees and a couple of birds flying above:

☁️ 🕊🌤☁️ 🦅

🌴 🌴 Cat 🌴 🌴

I really liked the concept of 'emoji art', so if you're feeling creative, why not post your own emoji art in this topic? I'd love to see some! It doesn't have to be a complicated piece at all, just something you feel depicts a scene. Happy Dance

You can use either the forum smileys, the ones on your mobile phone keyboard, or copy-pasted from Emojipedia

Happy Dance

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Like it @Anonymous thumbsup

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 41 of 49

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Smaller version wink

Emoji art.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Glory1 for your kind words

If only I could dance like in the picture nowadays rofl

Message 43 of 49

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous 

Smaller version wink

Emoji art.PNG

I like this @Cleoriff, dunno how you did it, but it looks great, thank you smiling

Message 44 of 49

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous 

Smaller version wink

Emoji art.PNG

I like this @Cleoriff, dunno how you did it, but it looks great, thank you smiling

I found the site you used, and instead of copy and paste (which made it big,) I used 'Snipping Tool' to capture it as shown @Anonymous wink

https://emojiart.org/

Snipping Tool info https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipping_Tool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 49

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous 

Smaller version wink

Emoji art.PNG

I found the site you used, and instead of copy and paste (which made it big,) I used 'Snipping Tool' to capture it as shown @Anonymous wink

https://emojiart.org/

Snipping Tool info https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipping_Tool

Thank you @Cleoriff & hugging to you & @jonsie 

Message 47 of 49

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Pretty @Anonymous
Very nice thought

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 48 of 49

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Haha funny enough there is a rat breed called rex lol and then double rec are the ones with no hair lol
Message 49 of 49