Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone,

As the title suggests, today is... 

World Emoji Day!

🥳 🤗 🤪 😹 🧶 😍 🤤 👋 

This is an unofficial holiday held annually since 2014, celebrating the world of emojis!

I came across some fun facts about World Emoji Day as well as emojis themseves. Thought you might find these interesting:

• Today was chosen as the World Emoji Day, because the number 17 is displayed on most calendar emojis 📅
  • A mosquito emoji 🦟 was added in 2018 to raise awareness for diseases spread by the insect
  • There's a website that tracks emojis used on Twitter in real time (note that there's an epilepsy warning as the page updates so rapidly with blinking lights) At the moment of typing this the most popular emoji on Twitter seems to be the Face With Tears of Joy. 😂
  • Japanese designer Shigetaka Kurita is credited as the creator of the first emoji on a mobile phone in 1999.
  • There is a short emoji documentary narrated by Sir David Attenborough! You can watch it here
  • While I was searching for the info above I also found this site that shows cute "art" made of emojis, check it out 😀 emojiart.org

(official Emoji Day website here)

I managed to make the following as my own emoji art piece... it depicts me with my cat, sitting outside in the sun, next to palm trees and a couple of birds flying above:

☁️ 🕊🌤☁️ 🦅

🌴 🌴 Cat 🌴 🌴

I really liked the concept of 'emoji art', so if you're feeling creative, why not post your own emoji art in this topic? I'd love to see some! It doesn't have to be a complicated piece at all, just something you feel depicts a scene. Happy Dance

You can use either the forum smileys, the ones on your mobile phone keyboard, or copy-pasted from Emojipedia

Happy Dance

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @Marjo ...though I note neither you or @EmilieT have 'guessed' what mine means? innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 49

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

🔨⏱

Says it all really. (If you are a lover of F1 and a 'certain driver')....🇬🇧🇬🇧

@Cleoriff Is it about Hamilton breaking record times at the last race in Silverstone? That's my guess nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 12 of 49

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

🔨⏱

@Cleoriff Is it about Hamilton breaking record times at the last race in Silverstone? That's my guess nerd

@EmilieT wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

🔨⏱

Close @EmilieT Hamilton fans and his team have a saying "It's Hammer Time Lewis' ...This means time to put your foot down and drive like the wind... leaving the rest of the drivers for dust in the background.....He does this quite often... Bouncy

So we have a Hammer and a clock denoting time...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 49

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff Close enough considering I will enver claim to have much F1 knowledge Happy Dance Nice emoji riddle though, it was fun to go and hunt for some info!

Now can someone guess ... this movie?

🦁🤴

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 49

MI5
  • 143418 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Lion king wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 49

MI5
  • 143418 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I see Apple have added this Taco emoji now.....

I wonder if they know what kids are using it for zipper_mouth

Image result for taco emoji

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 49

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@MI5  sweat_smile

There's more emojis they have revealed in a list here. Any favourites? slight_smile

Message 17 of 49

MI5
  • 143418 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Loving the Sloth 

Currently using:
Message 18 of 49

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Yes that's really great @jonsie ! 

I also like the sloth @MI5 . Very cute!

Here's a bunch of rats ( @liggerz87 ) following the lead of a bumble bee ( @TallTrees ) while running from T-Rex!

🐝

🐀🐁🐀🐁🐀🐁🐀🐁🐀🐁🐀    🦖

Message 20 of 49