Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seven Worlds: One Planet

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122798 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Just a heads up for those of us who love nature.

Sir David Attenboroughs new series Seven Worlds, One Planet Starts on BBC 1 this month 27th October on BBC.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a29387766/david-attenborough-documentary-seven-worlds-one-planet-air-d... 

The series will be broadcast over seven weeks, and marks the first time BBC Studios' prestigious Natural History Unit has explored all of the planet's continents in a single series.

Even better, the musical score will be written and performed by the wonderful Hans Zimmer.

I can't wait wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25131 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the heads up @Cleoriff 

Definitely on my "to watch" TV listings...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Cleoriff 

My phone calendar has been updated

Message 3 of 26

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

This is one of those that is on my 'must watch' list so thanks for the heads up @Cleoriff 

Message 4 of 26

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I'll be watching this as well for sure, thanks for the heads up @Cleoriff, I wasn't aware it was coming up! smiley

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 26

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7212 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Will look out for it thatnks for letting us know about it @Cleoriff slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 6 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122798 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Just a reminder. This starts on Sunday at 9pm.

Mind you it clashes with the Mexican F1 so I will record it. . wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 26

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25131 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just a reminder. This starts on Sunday at 9pm.

Mind you it clashes with the Mexican F1 so I will record it. . wink

Thanks for the reminder @Cleoriff .

That`s my Sunday evening sorted. Can`t wait for this...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 8 of 26

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

It will have to be catch up for me as I too will be watching F1 and have no way of recording things now.

Message 9 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122798 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

If anyone missed this tonight, it was pretty stunning, though emphasis was yet again on the damage climate change is doing to our world and wildlife.

You just have to be in awe of the work produced by the teams who travel to the far reaches of the world to film these series.

Tonight it was Antarctica. We saw penguins and their fight against nature with ever decreasing ice floes and leopard seals looking for a quick meal.

Albatross and their chicks, humpback whales, seals and life under the sea. etc etc.

Now they are using drones, to get overhead views (and reduce carbon footprint using less helicopters)

Really awesome and often harrowing viewing.

To see the cameramen and producers who have been coming back to this part of the world for up to 30 years in tears when they saw how ice has turned to mud and the penguin population is dying off in certain areas, was tragic.

However, it's compulsive viewing.

A face-off between a penguin and a giant leopard seal in Seven Worlds, One Planet.

A review and more here...

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/oct/27/seven-worlds-one-planet-review-david-attenborou... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 26