Did you mean: 

Sepp Blatter To Resign

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Breaking news apparently

Sepp Blatter the President of Fifa has just announced he will retire. Good news I think...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32982449

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Oh and now the can of worms is opening even more. Former Vice President Jack Warner has made a statement saying he fears for his life as he is about to reveal 'an avalanche' of secrets...

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/04/fifa-crisis-jack-warner-says-he-fears-for-life-and-w...

What a surprise....NOT...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 28

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Pretty big on witness protection over there. They should all be locked up. 

I've always thought of David Beckham as a great footballer manipulated by a very shrewd business woman but over the years he has really matured and if you read all the interviews over the past few years it's pretty obvious that he has matured into a very intelligent and articulate man who has given back so much to football, to this country, to the children of the world and through Unicef. 

He's not afraid to speak his own mind these days and I find it quite refreshing that someone other than the *bleep* at FIFA is prepared to tell us exactly how this joke of a governing body has dragged our national sport through the cesspit of corruption that we all suspected and we are now seeing via the slimeballs turn against each in order to seek lesser charges through plea bargaining.

It makes me sick to the pit of my stomach and Twatter was either in on it or allowed it to happen. Bent as a nine-bob note as my dear dad used to say. Sadly I am of the opinion that Twatini will be no different,  I find his comments about his good friend doing so much for the sport very nauseating to say the very least!

Message 22 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Must admit I am quietly proud of the 'Boy Beckham' with his comments over the past few days. I actually like Victoria as well. I have never understood why lovely caring family people have to be slammed just because they know how to make money and be successful...good for them.

That aside, I agree that any of the current candidates for this job should all be viewed with suspicion. They need a clean sweep. One good thing though....anyone who takes on the job will now have to be very very careful. The FBI have shown how easy it is to expose corruption...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Well the worms are crawling out of the woodwork now...BBC has info on Jack Warner which show $10 million dollars sent by Fifa on behalf of South Africa and meant to be used for its Caribbean diaspora legacy programme....has been used for Mr Warners benefit (allegedly)

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-33039014

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 28

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Thanks Yes I read it and he says Blatter was involved....as the world suspected.  Hope they all get what they deserve and all their assets seized.

Message 25 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I know this is all alleged so I will be careful ...but Sky News has just stated there are claims that the 2010 World Cup bid was actually won by Morocco...but went to South Africa

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 28

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Allegedly. ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33044932

Funnily enough it is on the news now....along with the millions Jack Warner allegedly used for himself Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 28