Seal pups in the Thames :)

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Seals

Hey guys,

I read something positive and uplifting in the news over the weekend and thought I'd share!

60 years ago River Thames had was declared biologically dead. However, after the Zoological Society of London did a survey last year, they found that there are now more than 3,500 seals living there, and the revitalised conditions are so good nowadays that the seals are breeding - they counted that 138 seal pups were born in the river last year. hugging

The article mentioned there's harbour seals as well as grey seals spotted in the Thames waters.

I think this is amazing news! Have you guys ever seen or heard any species return in your local area after environmental efforts? slight_smile

Related video:

More info in the article here! slight_smile

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25136 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

TBH after Boris's reception yesterday when he walked out of an EU press conference due to heckling and booing, I get the feeling whatever happens we will always be a laughing stock!!!

Set and sealed for long before Boris.

There, back on topic. nerdcool

Ahhhh... just when we were having a "whale" of a time and @Marjo goes and does that on "porpoise"LOL

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 21 of 23

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Loving the puns. I'm bad at them and they usually come accidentally. Like rhyming. grin

Didn't we used to have a puns thread? thinking

Message 22 of 23

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25136 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

Loving the puns. I'm bad at them and they usually come accidentally. Like rhyming. grin

Didn't we used to have a puns thread? thinking

@Marjo . A puns thread? Really? ^^^ I bet there`s gonna be some thinking "Why did you have to go and tell Mi-Amigo that?" LOL

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 23 of 23