Did you mean: 

👽 Sci-Fi Movie Night - Get in Your Vote! 👽

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi everyone wave

Although we wonder where the month has gone, I am happy to be back to announce our fifth offical Community Movie Night. After the last two fright nights, we thought we lighten things up a bit (for me mainly) with a Science Fiction themed movie night. Having had a look around on major streaming platforms, we found a great selection of films to chose from!

If you happened to miss our previous Community Movie Nights (e.g. our Stephen King/ Horror Movie Night last month), this is your time to join! As before, the choice of film is yours - We have pre-selected eight Sci-Fi-themed films and will let you vote three times over the next three days until we have found the winning film that we then invite you to watch with us on Friday night at 8pm! 🍿

Of course we won't be able to sit together in front of the screen but that doesn't stop us - Right after voting has finished, we will create a special movie night thread here on the community where everyone can discuss the in's and out's and who's and what's whilst watching 👽

giphy (2).gif

To explain it a bit more in detail: We have created a bracket that features eight movies to start with. Today you will be able to vote between two movies each and select your favourite four of the bunch in the comment section. Tomorrow we will then continue the voting between everyone's favourite four, and then again the day after tomorrow between your favourite two. The winning movie will then be the star of our movie night on Friday!

Sounds good? Get your microwave popcorn on the ready - set - vote! 🍿🍿🍿

🌟 R O U N D  1 🌟

- C L O S E D -

🌟 R O U N D  2 🌟

- C L O S E D -

🌟 R O U N D  3 🌟

- C L O S E D -

And the winner is....

arrival.jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Not to worry at all @BobM I hope you can join next time! smiling

Don't worry @sheepdog we haven't forgotten about the rom-com special but we thought it would the perfect fit for our Summer on the O2 Community Month next month! Hopefully you can join us then? hugging And please don't blame me, I have chosen this together with @Martin-O2 and @LukasB, please spread the blame rofl

@GoosePlays20 We all gather here on the community on a designated thread on Friday and start watching the winner (chosen from these three days of voting here) at exactly the same time. So, if you have the film on DVD or if you are watching it on a streaming service, either way we can all join together and discuss it throughout on the thread smiling Have a look at our previous movie nights if you like so you get an idea of what we do! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 21 of 59

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Aaaaand we are onto round number TWO! This was actually quite a close call, so I'm excited to see what you vote for next! 

🌟 R O U N D  2 🌟

sci-fi (1).jpg

Vote between:

1. Matrix OR Arrival
  2. Super 8 OR Deep impact

Same as before, just leave your replies in the comments. Voting counts until midnight tonight (Wednesday 28th of July) and will continue with the final round of entries tomorrow!

I hope all voters from yesterday will be back again for the second round of votes today @Cleoriff @MI5 @sheepdog @gmarkj @Projectionist @Cleoriff @Mi-Amigo @Martin-O2 @Anonymous @GoosePlays20 @Anonymous @pgn @madasaf1sh as well as many others!

And even if you haven't voted yesterday, come and join the fun today and watch the winner with us and the rest of the community at our special Movie Night on Friday at 8pm! smiling

signature

Message 22 of 59

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @TheresaV 

Here are my votes for the next round

As I`ve not seen either of these, I`ll vote for

Arrival

Deep Impact

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 23 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
Only got access to DI, so DI it is!
Message 24 of 59

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Arrival

Deep impact

@TheresaVare all these films on Netflix?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 59

RunrigForever
  • 2079 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Matrix

Deep impact

@TheresaV 

I've done something silly

I don't have any streaming facilities and yet I've voted D'oh!

***DESORMAIS***
Message 26 of 59

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
The Matrix
Super 8

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 27 of 59

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Yes @Cleoriff all of the films left to vote are on Netflix smiling

signature

Message 28 of 59

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The Matrix
Super 8
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 59

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@RunrigForever wrote:

Matrix

Deep impact

@TheresaV 

I've done something silly

I don't have any streaming facilities and yet I've voted D'oh!

No worries @RunrigForever ! If you still like to join, there's a Netflix 7 day trial that you could use smiling

signature

Message 30 of 59