Did you mean: 

👽 Sci-Fi Movie Night - Get in Your Vote! 👽

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi everyone wave

Although we wonder where the month has gone, I am happy to be back to announce our fifth offical Community Movie Night. After the last two fright nights, we thought we lighten things up a bit (for me mainly) with a Science Fiction themed movie night. Having had a look around on major streaming platforms, we found a great selection of films to chose from!

If you happened to miss our previous Community Movie Nights (e.g. our Stephen King/ Horror Movie Night last month), this is your time to join! As before, the choice of film is yours - We have pre-selected eight Sci-Fi-themed films and will let you vote three times over the next three days until we have found the winning film that we then invite you to watch with us on Friday night at 8pm! 🍿

Of course we won't be able to sit together in front of the screen but that doesn't stop us - Right after voting has finished, we will create a special movie night thread here on the community where everyone can discuss the in's and out's and who's and what's whilst watching 👽

giphy (2).gif

To explain it a bit more in detail: We have created a bracket that features eight movies to start with. Today you will be able to vote between two movies each and select your favourite four of the bunch in the comment section. Tomorrow we will then continue the voting between everyone's favourite four, and then again the day after tomorrow between your favourite two. The winning movie will then be the star of our movie night on Friday!

Sounds good? Get your microwave popcorn on the ready - set - vote! 🍿🍿🍿

🌟 R O U N D  1 🌟

- C L O S E D -

🌟 R O U N D  2 🌟

- C L O S E D -

🌟 R O U N D  3 🌟

- C L O S E D -

And the winner is....

arrival.jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I've watched almost all of these so it's rather tricky...
It doesn't help that there are several versions of Ghost in the Shell - which one are we watching?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11 of 59

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
It doesn't help that there are several versions of Ghost in the Shell - which one are we watching?

the newest from 2017 with Scarlett Johansson as it's on Netflix, I will amend that in the voting post, thanks for the heads up @gmarkj smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 12 of 59

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:
My votes are

Matrix,
Matrix Reloaded
Matrix Revolutions
Matrix Animatrix

LOl...

My real vote is :

Matrix
Ghost in the Shell
ET
Close encounters of the 3rd Kind

There must be a Lego Matrix film out there somewhere as well @madasaf1sh  joy

signature

Message 13 of 59

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

@TheresaV wrote:

@gmarkj wrote:

the newest from 2017 with Scarlett Johansson as it's on Netflix, I will amend that in the voting post, thanks for the heads up @gmarkj smiling

Thanks for clearing that up.
I thought it would be that version - while the anime Ghost in the Shell is an awesome film (and piece or art) it's not very widestream.

My votes then:

The Matrix

Arrival

Super 8
Deep Impact

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 14 of 59

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

No problem @gmarkj,

I think maybe an Anime special would be a great idea as well as there are so many great films!

signature

Message 15 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Matrix 

2. Arrival 

3. Super 8 

4. Deep Impact 

Message 16 of 59

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've only got access to Deep Impact, so that gets my vote!
Message 17 of 59

GoosePlays20
Level 1: Joiner
  • 34 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How do I join the movie night?
Message 18 of 59

BobM
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 4297 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I won't vote on this @TheresaV because it's looking like I'll be unable to join in this time.  I'm sure whatever is chosen though will be good to watch.

Message 19 of 59

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@TheresaV What happened to the rom-com theme proposed in the horror night last time? I was looking forward to that!

Ah well, my votes then:

Passengers (which is as close to a rom-com on the list)

Arrival

Goonies meets Cloverfield aka Super8

Deep Impact

Anime theme would be a good one in the future thumbsup 

@BobM vote anyway, remember if we all hate the final choice after viewing it then we all can blame TheresaV for chosing the list Evil

Message 20 of 59