cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scary stuff...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my neighbour knock on for me about ten minutes ago, ( theres two rows of houses and shes opposite ) to say that she had seen someone snooping around my garden, and next doors, got into our gardens ( the wind has played havoc with my gate) looked in my window, and next doors, for a few mins each, i was upstairs seeing to my Little one, and luckily i have my brother over tonight, and the ladies in my row all have partners, but its official, this tough cookie is a little shook up, we all have each others phone numbers ect, and i have let my OH know, my mind thought to the worst and im a bit shaky... The guy at the end of my row has taken his dog around the block to look, but nothing...

so now i am staying awake for a good few hours!!! anyone guna keep me company??

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope your ok.

One suggestion is to have a motion sensor light.

I once caught a teenager in my rear garden at night and once I and my son shouted at him through our bedroom windows and he took flight.

There had been several sheds broken into over a period of nights.
Message 2 of 23

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

That's worrying, I hope you're ok.

I agree with getting an outside light they are a great deterrent.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
We do have an outside light, but its controlled from the inside, looking into double bolting the gate and such, i ended up falling asleep at about three, and no one heard anything else... Thanks guys xx
Message 4 of 23

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

Double glazed windows?

i had some guy jump my fence years ago but there was three of us out back having a cigarette keeping quite to not wake the neighbours. 

Got him:)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bit late now but if there's ever someone lurking where they don't belong - call the police.

Message 6 of 23

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Or call me they'll never find the body:D

Know a few builders who'd love to cut down on the materials used for foundations:D
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys, the house as safe as it can be, brother is going home today so im here alone tonight, ill be up till eleven naturally, but im sleeping downstairs as a precaution. Im not worried, but last night freaked me out 😕
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep a bat next to you for reassuranceSmiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

lol.... im not violent!! 

Message 10 of 23