Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV's (More problems)

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hot on the heels of the Samsung Smart TV 'eavesdropping' issue......more problems have been reported with this model

Samsung says it is investigating why some of its smart TVs are adding adverts to television programmes and films played via third-party apps.

Owners have complained of a silent ad for Pepsi interrupting playback several times an hour.

A spokeswoman for Samsung said it was only aware of the glitch affecting customers in Australia at this time.

The issue has only been reported in Australia at the moment. ....So not only do those users have to watch what they say....their programmes are interrupted by ads for Pepsi....Shocked

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-31424596

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not just Samsung TV's which are eavesdropping......my dictaphone records everything I say!! Smiley Surprised

I got a new Samsung Smart TV a week ago (UE48H6400) and have never experienced these popup ads. I use Youtube, Netflix and Amazon frequently so hoping this doesnt become an issue here in the UK

Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

From what I read Yahoo had a hand in developing the pop ups. Makes you wonder why Samsung would allow such a thing.....(though they do say its a glitch) Thinking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

This would drive me insane, let's hope it is just a glitch because it will surely hammer sales of their smart tv.

Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

This would drive me insane, let's hope it is just a glitch because it will surely hammer sales of their smart tv.

And @jonsie  you wouldn't dare shout obscenities at the TV....as then the voice recognition feature would kick in... LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5