Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S6 review

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Potential buyers might find this review helpful: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/04/08/samsung_galaxy_s6/

The "blind to 4G" comment is a bit worrying.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

It's clearly an Apple-centric bias review. I stopped 1/3 of the way through.

Also this suggests only Samsung make handsets worth bothering about other than..emmm...Apple. Mind you, most press wouldn't risk their bonus for pimping Cupertino products. Just saying....

The 4G conundrum is based on a lot of factors and I've had "the faulty aerial" explanation used on me before. But anyway, it goes onto describe the UI and camera performance yada yada. I often wonder if there is a point to these reviews.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

The opening line showed the bias of the so called reviewer...

"I’ve found life is so much easier if one sticks to three simple rules. Never drive a Volvo car, never buy a Samsung phone, and always grind your own coffee. However, I might have to rethink one of those – "

At that point I was annoyed ....A review ahould always be written without bias I think. If they can't manage that then dont be so obvious as to publish the review at the same time as the S6 goes on sale Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

.A review ahould always be written without bias I think. 

You have to read "The Register" regularly to understand their sense of humour, it's a very good read at times.

If it makes a few people stop and think before spending a great deal of money I don't think that's a bad thing.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

If it makes a few people stop and think before spending a great deal of money I don't think that's a bad thing.

Or maybe a  a crack over the head with a mallet may also help @perksie LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
So maybe it is tongue and cheek then. Either way, samsung and apple shouldn't be in the same phone review unless it involves lawsuits.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 6 of 6