Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Fold release delayed

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I suppose this will come as no surprise to those of us who have been following news about the Samsung Fold.

"Samsung has postponed the release of its folding smartphone, days after several early reviewers said the screens on their devices had broken.

The company said it had delayed the launch of the Galaxy Fold to "fully evaluate the feedback and run further internal tests".

In April, several early reviewers found the display on the Galaxy Fold broke after just a few days.

Samsung has not said when the £1,800 device will go on sale.

A new launch date will be announced in the "coming weeks".

In a statement, Samsung said it suspected the damage experienced by some of the reviewers was caused by "impact on the top and bottom exposed areas of the hinge".

It also said it found "substances" inside one of the review devices that may have affected its performance."

It should have been released in 3 days on April 26th in the US and May 2nd in the UK

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-48013395

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

PS. £1800?? Are people mad? astonished

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 30

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

PS. £1800?? Are people mad? astonished

More money then sense I would have said @Cleoriff. That's nearly twice the price of my S10 Plus. No way would I pay that kind of money for a phone, not even a Samsung. Also, to be honest, I think the phone ugly. And, as I already have a tablet, why would I want a phone that opened into a tablet, at over 10 times the price.

There's wanting the latest gadget and throwing your money away astonished

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 30

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
Seen a few reports of this, and that others had removed what they thought a screen protector but was actually part of the screen!!
Some of the pictures/videos going round don't look too clever if I am honest...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I love Samsung as well @Glory1 but never in a million years would I pay that price for a phone.

If you compare that with the price of our new build detached house in 1969 which was £4125, it makes your eyes water!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you, Samsung are inferring they have a massive backlist of pre-orders....rolling_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Seen a few reports of this, and that others had removed what they thought a screen protector but was actually part of the screen!!
Some of the pictures/videos going round don't look too clever if I am honest...

Yes they ssaid that on the BBC this morning @gmarkj  and also there is a problem with the hinge. I would have thought, if nothing else, they should have got the integral part correct!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 30

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10763 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Oh yes @Cleoriff 

Plenty of people will want this ~

Like the Brick mobile they were eye watering expensive and there were not the amount of masts then!

These people are the unofficial testers!

I'll get one when they are fully tested and less than 1/4 price or better still free with Cornflakes!!!Jaw-dropping

LOL       

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
£1800? That’s pricier than Apple which makes a change
Message 8 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

listened to this on the BBC Radio Four Midnight News

£1,800 ... = ... just thinking what I could do with that kind of money = necessary work to my house & a nice weekend breakaway in UK

those prices are eye watering

Message 9 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:

Oh yes @Cleoriff 

Plenty of people will want this ~

Like the Brick mobile they were eye watering expensive and there were not the amount of masts then!

These people are the unofficial testers!

I'll get one when they are fully tested and less than 1/4 price or better still free with Cornflakes!!!Jaw-dropping

LOL       

Free with cornflakes @TallTrees ? I think I will be well gone before that happens. joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 30