cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumour: Will the iPhone 6 come with a 128Gb variant?

Anonymous
Not applicable

"A larger display not be the only big feature on the upcoming iPhone 6 by Apple as the smartphone may also include a significant memory upgrade.

The Chinese Apple repair firm Geekbar shared documents on Thursday it claims includes hardware schematics for the iPhone 6. The iPhone 6 may be available in a 128GB internal memory option, according to the firm, with Apple also offering the iPhone 6 in 16GB, 64GB memory options. Notably, the documents do not indicate a 32GB storage options for the iPhone 6; 32GB internal memory is usually one of three storage options offered on iPhone models."

It seems strange for Apple to get rid of the mid priced 32Gb variant, but I think people need more storage these days so 128Gb makes sense I suppose. It means there more room for photos of Starbucks cups to upload to Instagram wink

Source: http://www.ibtimes.com/apples-new-iphone-6-may-include-model-128gb-memory-1665926

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

In my opinion this will remain as rumour.

I believe the usual variants of 16gb, 32gb and 64gb will still be available for both versions of the next iPhones to be released soon.

Im not convinced a 128gb version will exist and heaven knows how much that would retail for if it did !  Jaw-dropping

Message 2 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
Still trying to emulate android I see wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 26

jonsie
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
Message 4 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even though i understand their reasoning for not having SD capabilities - I would be happy if they did find some way of still protecting the iOS with a SD card Slot.

Message 5 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

They do have to up their game with this release.

Totally agree.

Message 6 of 26

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
It'll never happen.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
It'll never happen.

Well I will be working full time again through October which is a bumper pay month, which i usually use some of it to pay for my next phone.

If i sweat blood and tears grafting to find it does not happen im not going to be a happy camper ! Crazy

Message 8 of 26

MI5
  • 146975 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions
You could always spend your money on a note 4 wink
Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
You could always spend your money on a note 4 wink

Hand on heart MI5 i still like the look of the Samsung Galaxy s5  - did i say that out loud !  Zipped

Message 10 of 26