cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumour - Tech : Samsung’s slimmest metal phone yet leaks out!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Rumour : Samsung’s slimmest metal phone yet leaks out!

Excerpt From the Link "It looks like Samsung's not done yet with its full-metal invasion, as a new leak suggests that the Galaxy A5 and A3 phones are about to get another slick sibling and it could be well worth paying attention to. It's called the Galaxy A7, and at 6.3mm thick it's the South Korean giant's slimmest phone to date! Want to know more?"

My thoughts :

Ok rumour at the moment but very impressive. 

Source : The Gadget Show. 

Read more here : Samsung’s slimmest metal phone yet leaks out!

image.jpg

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

My only concerns with ultrathin handsets are the thermaldynamics. Even though the microscopic fabrication is getting smaller are we actually seeing an increase in speed or just a perceived one with the ability to run more threads concurrenty. 

There is not many GPU or mutlithreaded apps for handsets as far as I am aware. I think it would be good on tablets more than mobile handsets, as the increased productivity would make for better gaming or/and multimedia.

Plus the Samsung software developers keep throwing more apps onboard to take advantage of the new power. Leaving me to conclude that Samsung, Apple, LG and HTC are really just banking on people's lack of understanding or lusting after the latest bit of tech.

I know I've slated Apple in the past however their gradual introduction of new hardware and software enhancements may be wise for the market sector they are aiming for. The rest of us on Android are in a way the guinea pigs for the software developers, by providing real world experiences in order to improve upon ideas.

Where was I?

My main point is that technology should fulfil a purpose rather than just doing it for image.

[Steps off soapbox Bouncy]

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just picking my chin off the ground after reading your post @anticpated

Awesome well put together piece.

I tip my hat to you Sir. slight_smile

Message 3 of 6

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
I had an epiphany...normal service has been resumed. ..;-)
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:
I had an epiphany...normal service has been resumed. ..;-)

I sincerely hope that is cureable Cheers

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions