cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Royal Wedding: Your idea & experience of stag/hen do?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi all!

Only one day left until the wedding of the year! Happy Dance

We've had a few interesting discussions already about weddings and your experiences, including:

We covered a lot of different aspects of your ideal wedding but forgot the important(?) thing that usually happens beforehand - the stag/hen do! chicken

What would your stag/hen do be like?

Separate parties for bride and groom, or a "hag" (or "stan") do together?

What location?

Fancy dress or normal clothes?

What would you like for entertainment?

Any party games you'd like to play?

Would you like to be surprised or know in advance what's coming?

Let us know what you'd prefer! Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
When my wife and I got married, we had separate parties.
I went go karting and then "out out".
The hen party went "out out".
We wore normal clothes, while they had some fancy dress.
In terms of games, nothing really happened on the stag or hen and both of us knew what was planned.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 13

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
I went go karting and then "out out".
The hen party went "out out".

Both of these seem to be classics @gmarkj, a few of my friends had the same kind of plans slight_smile 

I've only heard of one conjoined hen/stag do, it was more like a casual friends dinner than a special event. I think I'd personally like to maybe start the evening seperately but then have the stag and hen groups meet up - after all, the more the merrier smiling 

Oh, and surprise activities! I'm not one for surprises, but if ever, that is a good time to let my friends organise something fun and unexpected!

โ†’ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
โ†’ Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
โ†’ Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
โ†’ Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Very conventional

Me with a half a dozen mates on a pub crawl by car....no breathalyser in those days!

The missus to be on a pub crawl and nightclub infancy dress. Our paths crossed twice in the pub and the palais ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Made it to the church and through our vows though some of it was a bit of a blur!

Message 4 of 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I wouldn't mind a surprise but nothing embarrassing please! Some delicious food would be nice and something cool for entertainment, @gmarkj go karting is an awesome idea! Maybe some cocktails too but perhaps not at the same time. @EmilieT I like your idea about separate groups meeting up later on. slight_smile The paths crossing in the pub, was it intentional @jonsie or a coincidence? grin

Message 5 of 13

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would say 'predictable'......๐Ÿ˜‰

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Royal wedding 2018: Ten different ways to spend the day - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43920630

Message 6 of 13

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I would say 'predictable'......๐Ÿ˜‰

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Royal wedding 2018: Ten different ways to spend the day - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43920630

Number 1 on the list for me!

Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Mine was such a blur. LOL

Friends took me out for drinks. Nowhere local, I think they hired a mini bus.

I didn't realise how much they were mixing my drinks.....I was absolutely legless. Thank god it was a week before the wedding. I think I was pretty much comatose for 48hrs LOL

My husband was far more civilised. His best man lived in Luton along with a lot of his family. They could only come down on the Thursday before the wedding. My dad was invited and I think paid for the lot.

Dad wouldn't tell me what went on ...he said it was none of my business. All I do know is they weren't as legless as the hen do...Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

Korkmaz
  • 12 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can't believe anyone likes the Royal family. Not only are they leeches, but they were good friends with Jimmy Savile. Diana hated them too.

CrazyOz - Free UK Classified Ads
Message 9 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Korkmaz wrote:

I can't believe anyone likes the Royal family. Not only are they leeches, but they were good friends with Jimmy Savile. Diana hated them too.

There were a lot of people who were friends with Jimmy Savile before they found out about him

As for Diana (who I loved) she did hate them....but she was the one who brought changes to the monarchy and gave birth to two beautiful lads who are a credit to her. I have no doubt Harry and Meghan will bring more changes to the stuffiness of the monarchy of years ago. Their wedding proved that @Korkmaz

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 13