cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Royal Wedding: What's your dream wedding location?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Royal Wedding

Hi all!

It's not long until the Wedding of the Year, so we thought it would be exciting to have a countdown until the big day on Saturday 19th May! We'll be posting one wedding-related topic per day to celebrate the upcoming exciting event and hoping to get some related discussion going. yahoo

We have also posted a special update on the Priority board of some related offers to help get people in the Royal Wedding spirit so don't forget to check it out too. Smiley Happy

Today's discussion:

What's your dream wedding location?

Or if you already got married, where did it take place?

Looking forward to your thoughts! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Next time I get married I want it to be in an Amazon rain forest with all the ladies wearing a big hat and the men wearing a dicky-bow, everyone completely naked except for thse items.

Just to add that dicky-bows can be worn around the neck...or below the neck alien

Message 11 of 24

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Next time I get married I want it to be in an Amazon rain forest with all the ladies wearing a big hat and the men wearing a dicky-bow, everyone completely naked except for thse items and we can all smoke w:Crazy_seed.

Just to add that dicky-bows can be worn around the neck...or below the neck alien

Thanks for that @jonsie. I've now got an image in my mind that I can never erase LOLConfusedShocked

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 24

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Next time I get married I want it to be in an Amazon rain forest with all the ladies wearing a big hat and the men wearing a dicky-bow, everyone completely naked except for thse items and we can all smoke w:Crazy_seed.

Thanks for that @jonsie. I've now got an image in my mind that I can never erase LOLConfusedShocked

I would need to be very careful about choosing my best man......

Message 13 of 24

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I would need to be very careful about choosing my best man......

I daren't ask why @jonsie. I'm afraid of the answer open_mouth

Message 14 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Regarding the actual Royal wedding, it looks as if Meghan Markles father has now decided NOT to attend!

He has been accused of posing for pre wedding photos and accepting money for the pictures

Not what any bride wants to hear 4 days before her wedding.:smileysad:

They are blaming the paparazzi. I just wonder why someone from the Palace didn't take Meghans family under their wing to explain the accepted protocols?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44117335

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 24

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I agree with you @Cleoriff. But at the same time surely Meghan Markle's father, if the accusation is true, should have had better sense then to accept money for photograps knowing that such behaviour would embarrass his daughter just before the most important day in her life.

And even though I have little respect for the papparazzi, again if the accusation is true, why are the papparazzi at fault? So they offered money for photographs. That's what they do. Doesn't mean a person has to accept the money or pose for the photographs. A bit of common sense should prevail. The papps don't force anyone to take their money. They may offer but you can say no, get lost.

Unfortunately, whatevef the truth may be, this sort of publicity is the last thing Meghan Markle needs just days before her wedding. 

Though I've no real interest in another Royal wedding, I feel sorry for her. She's been in the spotlight because she is a 'commoner', because she is mixed race, because she is an actress and now this. It's enough she's marrying into the Royal Family whose lives are dominated by protocol without additional bad publicity regarding her family, true or not

Message 16 of 24

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@jonsie...  nudist wedding. LOL  Amazon rain forest sounds like a great idea!!

Message 17 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So @jonsie....in the nude in the Amazon rainforest and subjecting yourself to this lot?Confused

To date, at least 40,000 plant species, 427 mammals (e.g. jaguar, anteater and giant otter), 1,300 birds (e.g. harpy eagle, toucan and hoatzin), 378 reptiles (e.g. boa), more than 400 amphibians (e.g. dart poison frog) and around 3,000 freshwater fishes1 including the piranha have been found in the Amazon and it's rainforest. FearJaw-dropping

http://wwf.panda.org/knowledge_hub/where_we_work/amazon/about_the_amazon/wildlife_amazon/

I think I would stay fully dressed on a beach in the Maldives joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 24

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

So @jonsie....in the nude in the Amazon rainforest and subjecting yourself to this lot?Confused

To date, at least 40,000 plant species, 427 mammals (e.g. jaguar, anteater and giant otter), 1,300 birds (e.g. harpy eagle, toucan and hoatzin), 378 reptiles (e.g. boa), more than 400 amphibians (e.g. dart poison frog) and around 3,000 freshwater fishes1 including the piranha have been found in the Amazon and it's rainforest. FearJaw-dropping

http://wwf.panda.org/knowledge_hub/where_we_work/amazon/about_the_amazon/wildlife_amazon/

Interesting information there grin And how many insect species, @Cleoriff

Message 19 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Interesting information there grin And how many insect species, @Cleoriff

Look @Marjo Google and I are working overtime here .....joy

Insect species ...

There are around 30 million insect species in the 6.7 million square kilometer Biome, with thousands of new species discovered there each year. One acre of Amazon Rainforest is estimated to contain as many as 70,000 species of insects (scientists once found 700 different species of beetle on just one tree).

If you scroll down this link you will see 'The 10 coolest insect species' in the Amazon rainforest.

https://www.ietravel.com/blog/10-cool-creepy-crawlies-found-amazon-rainforest

All things being equal...I WILL stick to the Maldives beach...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 24