cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Royal Wedding: What did/would you wear to your wedding?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey everyone,

Only 4 days left until Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's big day!

Capture.PNG

If you haven't checked it out already, have a look at these special Priority offers to help you get into the Royal Wedding spirit. Yesterday's conversation around your dream wedding location was really fun and a lot of you took part in it which was fantastic smile

For our second countdown topic, we're wondering ...

What did/would you wear to your wedding?

Are you leaning towards something traditional? Unconventional? Themed?

Can't wait to see your ideas! smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Mine would be something between unconventional and themed: I would like to wear some pretty World of Warcraft cosplay outfit in my wedding! slight_smile

Message 2 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wore traditional white at my wedding in the 1970's

None of this cleavage & bare shoulder look then ... wink 

My dress was matte satin accented with heavy guipure lace - my train was a 'puddle train' ... size 10 ... never been so slim before or since ... LOL 

Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I would wear traditional white or cream...nothing shiny (yuck)

I once went to a Goth wedding. I thought it would be awful but was actually brilliant. The bride wore black and red. and so did the groom (with a black top hat) He looked like an undertaker.

Pretty much went with the theme of the day...cool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Your World of Warcraft themed wedding in space would be awesome @Marjo, I bet there'd also be as many cats as human guests cat

@jonsie

... LOL

@Anonymous 

That sounds absolutely gorgeous heart_eyes I had never heard of a puddle train but I've just googled it and it gives such a lovely finish! Was that the classic train at the time or did you pick it amongst other styles? 

I'd looooove to attend a gothic wedding @Cleoriff, the idea is great. I've heard of all white weddings but I don't personally wear white ... ever, so I wouldn't ask that of my hypothetical wedding guests slight_smile The gothic style has much more character. Were the guests also advised to embrace the theme then? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmilieT a 'puddle train' just suited me as I am just 4' 11.3/4" tall ... smile ... anything more dramatic would have overwhelmed me ... I wanted a train to my wedding dress & just happened to see what I liked at Schofields in Leeds = I went with my sister for a 2nd opinion

btw EmilieT I don't wear white either, I'm too 'mucky' to wear it = I'd just make more washing smiling

Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

I'd looooove to attend a gothic wedding @Cleoriff, the idea is great. I've heard of all white weddings but I don't personally wear white ... ever, so I wouldn't ask that of my hypothetical wedding guests slight_smile The gothic style has much more character. Were the guests also advised to embrace the theme then? 

Yes they were @EmilieT but it was left open to the individual guests. Obviously mums and dads, and grandparents weren't expected to go goth....joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I'm extra clumsy myself @Anonymous so I can relate sweat_smile White is just not practical, is it. One more advantage that the goth wedding @Cleoriff attended had, black and dark colours suit clumsy and 'mucky' people much more! 

@Cleoriff Did you go goth yourself then? What did you go for? cool

signature

Message 9 of 12

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think the whole white theme is a must for all weddings however far removed from the original meaning of a 'white' wedding.

Message 10 of 12