Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remembering 9/11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Today is the 15th anniversary of that terrible day. Never forgotten...

Image result for images of 9/11

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

9-11 5.jpg

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Yes a very poignant date that no one can ever forget. On my last trip here before moving here I flew out on 9/11, have to say I was worried especially with a stopover in Dubai

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No one alive at the time will ever forget.
RiP
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Image result for 9/11 never forget

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
A truly horrible act of terrorism, and a huge wakeup call for the Americans, as sadly they hadn't taken airport security seriously enough, with domestic flights being as convenient as hopping on a bus.

It was hard to imagine back then how the world could become any more dangerous, but then who'd have thought that al-Qaeda would eventually be overtaken by an even more murderous terrorist group.
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Literally thousands of photos of that atrocity but at the time I was working in the Bury O2 call centre and the phones were switched off. Everyone was completely stunned.  My wife worked there too on complaints which at the time was called Farside. Phones off and internal emails only. 

My best friends were in New Orleans and due to fly to New York... they never got there because all flights were grounded but they did say that in every restaurant Americans were standing with hand on heart singing the National Anthem. 

Sadly times haven't changed but my heart still pains for the 3000 lost souls.  God bless America. 

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It was so terrible that I couldn't stop watching the horror unfold. It came on as a newsflash. It was like a continual rolling sick film. I remember thinking surely nothing else can happen...but it did....again and again.  Seeing those Twin Towers fall was like watching the end of the world. 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I still well up watching it now. One of the most shocking, devastating things I've ever seen. slight_frown x

giphy-3
Message 9 of 9