Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received call and gave bank details over the phone

Krystyan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, received a call from the following number 0333 344 0541, it was about a 10 pay as you go SIM card I had orders the previous day, I gave my bank details over to the lady including my cvv without thinking as I was setting up the SIM card for a monthly payment of £10 a month for 12 months. However, now I am a bit worried that this may have been a fraudulent call, was wondering if any one could let me know if this is normal to receive a call from o2 after ordering their SIM card and if giving them my bank details is normal?
Thanks
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144072 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Krystyan 

It's not fraud but it is a partner company signing you up for a contract rather than a PAYG.

If you don't want to keep the contract, you have 14 days to cancel. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144072 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Krystyan 

It's not fraud but it is a partner company signing you up for a contract rather than a PAYG.

If you don't want to keep the contract, you have 14 days to cancel. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Krystyan
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for your answer and help @MI5, I have not received much information though since the call about the contract I have signed up for and i checked my o2 account and I have no products. I would like to cancel this contract, would you recommend calling o2 to do this?
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144072 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Krystyan 

Yes I would recommend calling to cancel, but wait until you receive the documentation and the account is set up as it will be impossibe to cancel it beforehand.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Krystyan
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
OK thanks very much MI5.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144072 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You're welcome.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6