Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Level 2: Apprentice

Rare Coins ( UK Currency )

I wanted to start this community to both allow others to share their coin collections or special pieces but would also like knowledge from others as to the value of certain coins and to let others share information on where to find out more about evaluations and where's the best place to sell their coins!

I personally have a decent collection of 50p pieces, however wouldn't have any images of them as of current. Will post some when im home!

Stated in the title was UK Currency, however all coins are welcome!

Im looking forward to seeing everybodies collections! Dance

Former Staff

Re: Rare Coins ( UK Currency )

I don't actively collect coins, but I do have (somewhere, might have lost it now that I think about it) one of those Peter Rabbit coins I randomly noticed I had after buying a coffee at my train station. You can sell them for a nice amount of money later on I think so I should probably try find it and keep it safe. So thanks for the reminder @TheGreyApe ! Smiley Very Happy

The previous tenant of my flat left some random foreign coins behind, which I guess counts as a coin collection if you think about it. There were some currencies I haven't held in my hand before from different European countries, Asian countries, Americas....  not rare ones though but I do like those ones that have a little hole in the middle of the coin. I think they look pretty cool! Smiley Very Happy

โ†’ COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
โ†’ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
โ†’ Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
โ†’ Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 2: Apprentice

Exciting! Curious to see the other coins, do you have any photos??

Former Staff

@TheGreyApe wrote:

Exciting! Curious to see the other coins, do you have any photos??

Been trying to find where I stored all of them but when I manage to find them I'll take a photo! Smiley Happy

โ†’ COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
โ†’ Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
โ†’ Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
โ†’ Have a query about your account? See if the My O2 how-to guide will help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 140

@TheGreyApe wrote:

I personally have a decent collection of 50p pieces

Admirable. Got any Peter Rabbit 50ps?

Here's a mockup of one that I doubt will ever be minted LOL

51w10IirfEL._SX425_.jpg

Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Topics: 329

@TheGreyApe ; @Marjo ; @pgn 

I came across this report on rare 50p here . Might be worth checking our change and/or coin collections?

animated-elephant-image-0278

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Topics: 140

[ Edited ]

Yeah, I have some Beatrix Potter ones- the frog, the duck, the hedgehog, but who'd pay 100x the face value for a circulated coin?

20181219_164424-COLLAGE.jpg

Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account