• 3675 Solutions
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Perhaps that was part of why I experienced what I did @MI5, I wasn't in any region of France long enough to become a real part of the area. And I fully admit my French left a lot to be desired as I didn't use it as much as I had in my teens and early 20s. Like all languages you have to keep using it or you lose it. 

I totally agree with you about French wine and food; love both. It's just the French themselves I had a problem with. Though as I said when I was with my late partner, as he was a fluent French speaker, my experience was quite pleasant, as long as I let him do all the talking Smiley Very Happy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 41 of 42

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I do agree that schools teach a second language @jonsie , the trouble is we fail to make the effort as so many other countries make it easy for us as they usually speak English (or enough to get by)

One problem is aswell that people who speak a language want to speak it. So even you speak fluently dutch and they notice you're german, they speak german because they're happy to show they're able to speak. I guess it's the same with other countries (except france)..

And @MI5  my experience of France was (one of them) in Avignon,  we wanted to order at a bakery (croissants... drool) - as they noticed we're foreigners, they pretended not to understand us - one of us ordered even in french. And we even tried to point on it... They just acted silly. 

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 42 of 42