Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Topics: 547

RIP Eric Bristow

Sad news, Eric Bristow the former world darts champion passed away today. I always liked his showmanship and his outspoken views.

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Eric Bristow: Five-time darts world champion dies aged 60 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/darts/43663426

Topics: 677

Re: RIP Eric Bristow

Sorry Steve, I didnt realise you had posted. I will ask for mine to be removed

R.I.P Eric x

*The Game Is On*

Level 63: Greatness Assured

He came in a pub in London I used to drink in a very long time ago when he was at his peak to play an exhibition match. In his day he was the best.

RIP The Crafty Cockney

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Anonymous

Celebs seem to be dropping like flies recently.. or does it just seem that way?
Topics: 83
Blog Posts: 2

No @Anonymous it's true. Was never a great darts fan but I liked Eric Bristow. He was amazing both as a player and as a man.

RIP Eric
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Level 16: Talkative

He was one of those players that you either loved or hated. He was very brash and arrogant, but a lot of that was just showmanship really, and it was just something he used to try to psych out opponents, often before a dart had even been thrown. But he was undoubtedly the best of his generation, and was the inspiration for so many people taking up the game.

Highlighted
Topics: 547

It was the likes of Eric, John Lowe and Jockey Wilson who turned darts into an acceptable tv sport and yes, it was all about showmanship to sell it to  the public.