Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R.I.P Glory

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

As you can see from the thread title, I have some tragic upsetting news to pass on to the members of this forum.

Our friend @Glory1  passed away in hospital on Saturday.

To avoid speculation and questions I will tell you what I know.

Glory had been missing from the forum for 5 days at the beginning of August. I phoned, text and messaged her and had no response. I made the decision to call the police in London. They responded and found her collapsed in her flat. She was rushed to hospital and apart from a few minor injuries and dehydration, she appeared to be stable until they did a few more tests. They treated her accordingly and I was able to talk to her in hospital and all was well. Unfortunately, last week they found something more serious and she was taken to Theatre for major surgery. Again, she appeared to be recovering until last Thursday when her condition deteriorated.

As I was the only person they had a phone number for, they called to let me know.

Tragically her condition worsened and despite their best efforts, Glory passed away on Saturday afternoon. I'm assured by the sister in ITU that she didn't suffer.

On a personal note I'm shocked beyond belief. During her 3 years here we had become very close friends.

I will miss her so much.

R.I.P Glory heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

This is really sad news. The SCD & DOI threads won't be as much fun without her. 

Message 21 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@sheepdog 

It will be just you, myself and @Anonymous  (with occasional others) flying the flag for those two shows.

SCD starts this Saturday, a week early this year.... it won't be the same but we will carry on, whilst thinking about Gloria x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 24

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff 

Thanks for letting us know, sad to hear this.

RIP Glory

Message 24 of 24