cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Productive afternoon at work, can I claim compensation?

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Apparently there was some outage on the o2 network today (12 Oct) but its also coincided with a rather productive day at work. I therefore demand compensation from o2 otherwise I'm going to register as a newbie and post all of one time threatening to go to another provider asap. I mean, I've even forgot I had a mobile phone sitting in front of me looking quite dejected when I noticed it.

Sheepdog in "I see you there in corner, Mod14, wanting to press the reset button again" mode

Note: for those who are about to post an anti-o2 reply, this is the off-topic section and posted with extreme sarcasm based on  many years of reading the same thing over and over. It's Friday tongue

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Mine just came back on, so maybe they rebooting the masts....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 30

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
It's just not good enough though is it! wink
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 12 of 30

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
That's always the problem with these spikes though. We'll keep an eye on those help threads and I'll drop you a PM tomorrow if you'd like me to slight_smile
Be sure to if we miss anthing important..... wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
Haha, will do slight_smile
Message 14 of 30

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I can't be bothered to read someone else's thread so I'm gonna start a new one on the same subject.....

This made me laugh out loud!  There are so many of the same threads its giving me a head rush! slight_smile

Samsung S8
Message 15 of 30

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Would be great if they could implement a post checker whenever the subject of a thread is within certain parameters auto rejects the thread and directs them to the official one:)

Just a pipe dream but couldn't be too hard to implement?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 16 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've seen something like that a few times. You fill in your support ticket, for example and it forces you to first check if some knowledgebase articles would solve your problem. Personally, I don't like things being that restrictive though. It doesn't make me feel very respected as a customer
Message 17 of 30

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Nah I can understand it from that aspect. Guess it is a bit degrading:(
Message 18 of 30

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Well if I don't get a new phone and a years free contract after this I'm off to where the grass is greener, the staircase is winding round and round, the walls are pink with psychedaelic shades and the waft of the pan pipes is there to soothe my frazzled nerves...............

Oh hang on it's working again, does that mean my compo will be cancelled?:smileysad:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 19 of 30

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
On the Nokia Forums (lithium) when you type your message subject it auto searches for threads with similar words (like how the search fuction works). You are not forced to read them but sometimes the prompts help.....

Currently using:
Message 20 of 30