Did you mean: 

Portable gaming experience

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

As I was browsing the news I found this article talking about how mobile gaming and console gaming could be linked and instead of thinking of them separately, maybe in the future they will be looked at as complementary.

We know from the very active thread about mobile games that many of you play a variety of games on your phones and iPads remote 

Would you try some Console games if they were available on your phone? 

Any game/type of games you'd like to play on the go? Or are you a console/mobile purist and would not mix and match games between platforms?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
As an Xperia user I already play console games on my phone, thanks to remote play support.
We're now seeing further developments in the remote gaming field too with Steams own streaming service. Even Nvidia has a service for uses of their shield range (or anyone who finds the 3rd party app that fools the pc into thinking it's a shield)
No other field has as much money being pumped into R&D as the mobile phone field, within a decade our mobile devices will be capable of so much more than today's top end graphics chips, it's a real exciting time..
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just to say @EmilieT if I played any games (which I rarely do) it would never be on my mobile.

I have a couple on my laptop and need at least that screen size to see what I am doing. nerd

We do have a games console here, initially for the grandson, now shared between him and my husband. I haven't played on it at all....Sad really wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
There are also a few interesting gaming phones @EmilieT - the Razer phone, the Xiaomi Black Shark and the Red Magic phone.
All of these are deisgned mainly with gaming in mind, with a variety of specs to try and get some market share.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 10

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@viridis I agree it's quite an exciting time smile By Steam's streaming service do you mean Steam Link? I have tried it to stream games on my TV but not to an Android device- if you have how did you like it? 

@gmarkj Have you tried one of these gaming phones?

@Cleoriff I rarely play games on my phone myself, I like to have a decent-sized screen toonerd I don;t know about you but it's also because most games I play aren't designed for smaller screens (for now at least) so they'd be hard to follow on a phone.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 5 of 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
It's also much harder to control some games using phone only.
Take Fortnite for example, you can play that on a pc, team up and play with Xbox users AND phone users...
Problem is, the phone players are so slow to maneuver that they are first easy pickings for the others.
Message 6 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
No I haven't @EmilieT.
I am subscribed to a channel on YouTube that does unboxing and reviews and they have covered them on there.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 10

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good point @viridis, I watched a video on Fortnite just yesterday and some players did seem much slower ... I can't imagine playing Skyrim on my phone either for example. The amount of information on the screen can be tricky.

@gmarkj I'll look into it this weekend, quite curious to know more about these gaming phones, I've never heard of those before! If I have trouble finding interesting reviews I'll ask you for the channel for sure wink 

signature

Message 8 of 10

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@EmilieT as you know, from your perusal of the gaming thread, I like to play games on my mobile and Kindle. And I have a lot of them 😂🤣

I am into mainly match 3 and word games on my mobile and am not sure console games are my 'thing'. I'd certainly try a console game on my phone. I'll try anything once.

My Kindle, because of its larger screen, has solitaire, mahjong, hidden object and hidden difference games as well as match 3.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 10

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Always keeping an open mind @Glory1, I love that smiling

Not all games are for everyone, but it's good to give things a go if you get a chance at least. Nothing wrong with words games in my book though, they used to help me with focus a lot!

signature

Message 10 of 10