cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll: Would you go to space if you could?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone,

Today being space exploration day, I thought it'd be a great opportunity to start a discussion around space 🚀

I'm sure we've all considered at some point, while watching a movie, the news, or just looking up, what space was like. But if someone gave you a ticket tomorrow to board a shuttle and set off to space, would you take it? 

You don't need to be registered or signed in to take part in the poll, but you'll need to register in order to participate in the discussion below.

As usual, feel free to elaborate on your response below and discuss why you would or wouldn't like to go if given the chance earth alien

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I'd love to go into space. It's something I've dreamed of since I was a child watching Lost in Space on the TV. It just fascinates me and to experience weightlessness, way cool.

Though it would have to be a return journey, as I do still love earth 🤩
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 11 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated wrote:
The moon is cold though down to -173 C when the sun isn't shining. Make sure you pack a few jumpers.

LOL ... I'll take plenty of Damart thermal underwear ... & ... my O2 hoodie wink

Also music on my thread Desert Island Discs + some fave dvd's like Game of Thrones + of course, Dark Side of the Moon album by Pink Floyd cd

Wonder how cat litter functions in space lolz ... not that my cat Marty uses a litter tray = he goes outside for that sort of thing poop

Message 12 of 52

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well.... if you are letting Marty outside @Anonymous you better put a lead on him.

As one thing is sure....he won't be coming back when you call him joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 52

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

I forgot about the O2 Hoodie, @Anonymous - Good Idea

Thermal undies, one of those foil blankets they use after marathon runners have crossed the finish line... And a pair of Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril Sensitive Sunglasses LOL

Message 14 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Well.... if you are letting Marty outside @Anonymous you better put a lead on him.

As one thing is sure....he won't be coming back when you call him joy

lolz @Cleoriff rofl ... We could go 'walkies' Cat Tongue

There is loadsa grey cat litter already on the surface of the moon ... I wonder if Marty when he does the scratching over his poop the dust & poop itself go flying into outer space 

He could wear a cat version of Pampers like disabled cats can Cat Surprised

he'd look sooo cute like the Moonpig logo in his space outfit with his back end in a disposable animal nappy lolz

His lead & collar could be in 'space grey' or a lovely shade of red or Cadbury purple

& when say if me picking up the poop poop in a dog poop poop little plastic bag = would I wang it into outer space or no I sould find a way to be environmentally friendly & dot pollute our Moon

Marty, bless him is blissfully unaware of me & this conversation by curling up asleep on my wooden desk nearby

I like the sound of those very very posh sunglasses @pgn cool the foil blanket yes, that's a good idea & packs up small 

I'm getting excited ... I wonder what the phone number for NASA is? or Richard Branson of Virgin? or the CEO of some British space programme now we're wobbling outa the EU

Live Long & Prosper vulcan

Message 15 of 52

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Glory1

It seems that everyone agrees it'd need to be a return ticket smile Would you go anywhere in space like @gmarkjor is there something/somewhere you'd prefer??

@pgn

Those sunglasses joy

@Anonymous

You've got it all planned out now! How do you think Marty would like zero-gravity? 

#Martyonthemoon2k19 wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 16 of 52

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@EmilieT I would go anywhere in space though I would like to visit Saturn. That planet has always fascinated me.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 17 of 52

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
@EmilieT I would go anywhere in space though I would like to visit Saturn. That planet has always fascinated me.

I've just been browsing pictures and facts about Saturn for the last 10 minutes or so, I get the fascination Surprised 

It's a really cold planet as well, so all the gear advice in this thread is relevant for a trip to Saturn as well as the Moon tongue_winking

signature

Message 18 of 52

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmilieT wrote:

@Anonymous

You've got it all planned out now! How do you think Marty would like zero-gravity? 

#Martyonthemoon2k19 wink

He could have a variety of suits to suit:smileywink: the occasion / circumstances ... weighted when outside on the surface of the moon ... & think he'd kinda like the weightless, once he got used to it, inside the space capsule / 'tent on the moon' ... I would fly the Union Jack ... & ... I could have various suits in various colours preferably scarlet red or Cadbury purple with O2 badge on the side of my left upper arm

One Way Ticket ... ... ... I could use Skype to keep in contact with my loved ones ... ... ... here at home Marty lets me know he wants to go outside by standing at the door maybe reaching up to my house keys 

#Jane&MartygototheMoon ... comet moon Cat Tongue

Message 19 of 52

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Skype @Anonymous?

They got WiFi on the moon then? Hug

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 52