Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll: World Cup!

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Note: the poll below is now closed! Thanks for everyone who participated. Check out the results here, and keep an eye out for a new poll soon! slight_smile

Hi guys, I hope you're enjoying your day!

As the World Cup is upon us, our second Off Topic poll is related to that. yahoo

If you'd like to participate in the poll, please find it below and pick the option that you identify with the most. You'll have until Wednesday 20th June evening to participate, and I will post the results in this topic after the poll has closed.

If you haven't registered to the community but would like to vote in the poll, you can do so! However you'll need to register first in order to to participate in the discussion below.

Thanks all in advance! I can't wait to see the results of this one. Happy Dance

Also, feel free to let me know if you have any cool ideas for future polls!

Message 1 of 259
258 REPLIES 258

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Celebrations will last all summer..... guaranteed slight_smile

Oh well ...bring on the lorries containing Merlot then... Cheers

Image result for Images of drunks with red wine

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 251 of 259

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hopefully it will be on special offer LOLFantastic

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 252 of 259

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

When they first announced the World Cup was going to Russia I was like, ....what!!?? And with everything that was going on in the run up, what with the US elections, various conflicts in various places involving Russia, airlines shot from the sky, nerve agents allegedly from Russian sources, rigged Russian elections and God knows what else going on in Putin's Russia, I was wondering what this tournament was going to be like as  spectacle.

You have to say though that it has to have been the best World Cup for many many years. The Russians have done it proud and it's been brilliant. Well done to France too. Whether they are actually the best side in the world is very debatable but they beat the teams they were up against so that's all you can do. Vive la France grintrophy

Message 253 of 259

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I was also wary @jonsie I had visions of English supporters being locked up and the key thrown away, if they put one foot wrong.  (The hooligans would have deserved it mind you, but I was unsure what Russia would class as hooliganism)

Apart from one or two very debatable refereeing decisons the games were handled well.

Also 'small comfort' I know, but Harry Kane did get the coveted Golden Boot. (A bit like Lewis Hamilton getting driver of the day at Silverstone, after being shunted off into the gravel, losing pole position and restarting from the back of the grid to get 2nd). joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 254 of 259

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Only thing that marred the final was the BBC News report following the game. For some biased reason, they decided to add "a PR coup for Putin" at any opportunity. Which, yes, it was but as far as I know he did nothing to take attention away from the games and quite rightly ensured *** cough secret police ****  the tournament didn't have any issues outside. 

Which any government would in advance of hosting a major competition but that won't be the narrative will it if there's a villain in the picture.

Anyway politics aside, anybody hoping for the 2030 World Cup in England? Signs are good and the UK is one of the few countries that has the football stadiums in place to host an enlarged tournament. Oh wait, you know whats going to be played to death given its the centennial world cup Crazy

Message 255 of 259

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

2030 mate? I know I won't be here but I do hope the UK gets it again, it's been a long time and the stadia are much better now,

Message 256 of 259

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

Only thing that marred the final was the BBC News report following the game. For some biased reason, they decided to add "a PR coup for Putin" at any opportunity. Which, yes, it was but as far as I know he did nothing to take attention away from the games and quite rightly ensured *** cough secret police ****  the tournament didn't have any issues outside. 

Which any government would in advance of hosting a major competition but that won't be the narrative will it if there's a villain in the picture.

Anyway politics aside, anybody hoping for the 2030 World Cup in England? Signs are good and the UK is one of the few countries that has the football stadiums in place to host an enlarged tournament. Oh wait, you know whats going to be played to death given its the centennial world cup Crazy

You mean that song ... = ... fCuK all's coming home @sheepdog?

Message 257 of 259

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Only you @Anonymous, only you LOL

We all thought it and sang it after the semi final....

Message 258 of 259

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Only you @Anonymous, only you LOL

We all thought it and sang it after the semi final....

LOL

Let's have a group hug Hug

Message 259 of 259