cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poll: When do you do your Christmas shopping?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi guys, 

Now that December is here, it's time to start thinking very seriously about what you're going to put under the tree or send to your friends and loved ones! 

It can be quite difficult to find the right present sometimes thinking For some that means it's better to start planning for it early, while others prefer leaving it to the last minute ... so how early are you taking care of your Christmas shopping this year?

If you want to take part in this poll, just select the option below that applies to you best. You don't need to be registered or signed in to take part in the poll, however you'll need to register if you'd like to participate in the discussion below.

I'll publish the results some time in December, very curious to see them! smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I would normally have Christmas presents all sorted .

But 😞

I only have one and that was free i got sent it to test and decided DS would like it .

I only have DS and Poppy dog to buy for so a few toys and food for Poppy .

Will no doubt get told by DS what he wants or money towards thats if we feel up to celebrating we lost our dear Mum and nan on 16th November so wont be the same this year 😞 

Funeral is Monday pray

Sorry for bringing a downer on this thread i will go so you can fill it with happy posts 

Message 11 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't.

Is it a case of this @Anonymous? hugging

Related image

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Poppysmum

So So sorry to hear of your tragic loss. heart

Thinking of you at this awful time.cry

Remember the good times Kath...cling on to those heart

PS Sending PM xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 29

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

My condolences @Poppysmum on your loss.

As @Cleoriff has said it helps to think of the good times. But I can certainly understand you are very far from Christmas spirit under the circomtances.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 14 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't.

Related image

Definitely @Cleoriff .. It's not a time of joy, it's a time of buying useless crap because someone bought useless crap for you. It's a time for fat cats to get fatter. For the poor to feel poorer. For the weak / pressured to get (further) into debt.

Leave me out of it!

Message 15 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't.

Related image

Definitely @Cleoriff .. It's not a time of joy, it's a time of buying useless crap because someone bought useless crap for you. It's a time for fat cats to get fatter. For the poor to feel poorer. For the weak / pressured to get (further) into debt.

Leave me out of it!

Totally agree @Anonymous

Though I have cut down who I buy for. Only my 2 sons, grandchildren x2 ...and husband. That's it.

I never buy useless crap either...joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 29

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Poppysmum

Really sorry about your loss, it must be even harder with this time of the year. My condoleances, and as the others have said already thinking of you today.

@Cleoriff @MI5

I have to admit I also get most of my presents online. I find it much easier to browse all sorts of options at the same time, compare, share the good finds and decide! As my family is in France as well the presents I get for them need to be ordered online and delivered there rather than bought here and sent via mail ... it's all about practicality isn't it slight_smile

@sheepdog

I'm sorry I didn't think of all these options LOL

@TallTrees

Do you also do most of your shopping online then?

@Glory1

I'm curious if you get the presents here, wrap them and send them to America and Australia or order them online to be delivered wrapped directly there - as I mentioned all the presents that go abroad for me are ordered online and delivered there directly but it'd be interesting to hear how others do it gift

@MrFrenzy

Do you usually go to the same places for your day out shopping or mix it up every year? I like going through festive craft markets for ideas.

@liggerz87

You seem pretty relaxed about it though so all good joy

@Anonymous

I always try to get things that are useful or that I know the person was planning on getting sometime, and in my family we agree to spend not too much so it's really about lovely gestures between close family and friends for me. It can be done really thoughtfully hugging

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 17 of 29

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Glory1

I'm curious if you get the presents here, wrap them and send them to America and Australia or order them online to be delivered wrapped directly there - as I mentioned all the presents that go abroad for me are ordered online and delivered there directly but it'd be interesting to hear how others do it.

@EmilieT the days of me buying presents, wrapping them and then lugging them to the Post Office are long gone. A friend told me about having them wrapped and sent to any address you choose and I jumped at it. Like you I order all my presents online and then have them wrapped and delivered USA, Australia and the UK. 

I can't wrap for toffee, so at least my friends get lovely wrapped presents not the dog's dinner they'd get if I wrapped them joy

I'm lucky to have 2 local Post Offices but even so why should I kill myself lugging them to the Post Office when I can organize it to be done when I order online. 

The only thing I post are my Christmas cards. And my nearest postbox is across the road from my flat. So when I take down my rubbish Thursday week, I'll bring all my cards with me and pop them in the postbox, job done smile

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 18 of 29

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10764 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hello @EmilieT

I do not buy xmas cards online.I make gifts gift and give them usually edible i.e. small xmas cakes  cake, chocolates  or pot of  this years fruit apple strawberry from garden jam.  They are little treats really.  

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 19 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

So sorry to hear of your loss @Poppysmum, I lost my dear mom 3 days before Christmas a good few years ago and it's still an awful time for me. Thinking of you Hug

Message 20 of 29