cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pokemon Go - Windows Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Back in 2000 or so I have a Game Boy and an N64 and a big shiny Pokemon Stadium cartridge (it was grey plastic not really shiny but its my memory so there). Anyway I was hoping to relive those days and be a Pokemon master and walk around shout Charizard I choose you...

But my loyal 950 let me down and I wanted to know what the big deal is. From what I can tell the big deal is maps, Pokemon Go is built around Google Maps and as my Rightmove app often shows Google maps and WP just do not play nice. 

So what can be done, well the simplest it seems is to rebuild it with Microsoft maps but apparently this requires the maps to be populated with gyms and Pokestops and suchlike.

Alternatively a port of the IOS app is viable as the bridge to port the app already exsists, but I am short on dates and currently wondering  if I will ever get some good Bulbasaur action ever again

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Don't hold your breath.
Message 2 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Time for an Android phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Have you been able to try out the game on a friend or family member's device @Anonymous?

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aye, took out an iPad and caught an Eevee and some Rattata, but the iPad is about four years old, locked up everytime I caught something so I got a bit miffed with it. That said it gave me the bug so I am continually awaiting announcements from Ninitec, but all we have is a statement from Microsoft saying they are working on it Don't know

Message 5 of 16

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Not sure if I can wait that long......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 16

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I don't care about such apps. Windows phone does all i need and more. Though, I'm told im not up with the cool kids so....
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 8 of 16

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Not sure if I can wait that long......

I'm fairly sure you ain't assed one way or another LOL

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

To make it worse my 8 year old has it and runs around going on about the tortoise one..... I want to grab him and just keep yelling "ITS SQUIRTLE"  in his face but according to the Mrs thats "abusive".... I say educational but apparently I'm wrong Evil

Message 10 of 16