cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet without line rental?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just rang Plusnet up armed with the MAC code I got off Sky last week, the sales bloke told me that with line rental I can pay £29.40 for everything, that's line rental with free local calls and fast Broadband.

Thing is though, I am about 3 years into a contract with Talk Talk for my Landline, which I'd rather not change if I can possibly help it as it saves me a LOT of money ringing Mum and Dad (because they're also on Talk Talk) and the rest of my family/carers including my Brother in London.

There's about 30p difference in the monthly cost between PN and Talk Talk, should I go with it or try and negotiate a better deal which lets me keep Talk Talk?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
plusnet do just adsl / fiber without phone line rental just look at there website.

I am on plusnet unlimited adsl with my phone line with bt
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked, and he said I can't have Plusnet Broadband without their phone line, is he telling porkies?

Message 3 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You really had the best deal with a year's free broadband with 9 months still to go, you were advised to stay with that and are asking about cheap deals.

You have a TalkTalk line so why not their broadband?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 19

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/broadband-only/
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Talk Talk is not fast enough and does not support Xbox gaming, or so I have been told.

I also don't want Sky, Sky = foreign call centres, that alone puts me right off.

Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
That shouldn't put you off Richard tbh.

Most companies now use outsourced non uk call centres.

I would hold where you are and do a little more homework on what ISP will best match your needs and uses.
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Plusnet are based right here in Sheffield, UK call centres.

And I have been with most of the major providers back in the dial up days in the late 90s, I wouldn't touch the likes of AOL with a 10 foot bargepole for various reasons.

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone recommend a very good UK based ISP with good UK based call centres who could do up to 10 Mb Broadband for around £12 a month? I don't want Sky, AOL or Talk Talk.

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bt have given me good service for a number of years but you would have to change line rental.

My son reports no issues with x box live.
Message 10 of 19