Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peter Kay cancels tour

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just in case any of you have tickets to see the brilliant Peter Kay, via Priority or any other ticket outlet, he has just announced he has had to cancel all of his tours.

In a statement on Twitter, the Guiness World Record's "most successful stand-up comedian of all time" said it was with "deep regret" he was forced to cancel the shows.

"Due to unforeseen family circumstances, I deeply regret that I am having to cancel all of my upcoming work projects. This unfortunately includes my upcoming stand-up tour, Dance For Life shows and any outstanding live work commitments,"

https://news.sky.com/story/peter-kay-cancels-first-live-tour-in-eight-years-**Personal info**

No reason given but none needed in my opinion....just hope everything works out well for him very soon..heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yeah epic fail!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Peter Kay allus gets me a-giggling

Thinking of him & his family at this distressing time for him & them slight_frown

Message 12 of 22

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

He's from my home town of 45 years so I can equate with a lot of his humour. For the most part I find him hilarious, sometimes a little mediocre and sometimes a little embarrassing. I saw him live in the Albert Halls in Bolton and he was brilliant and the audience were in stitches. The part that I find embarrassing is in interviews, I just feel he let's himself down. 

Having said all that, he's top man, you couldn't meet a nicer guy so I wish him and his family well. 

Message 13 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Funny you should say that Steve as Peter has admitted he is rubbish on talk shows. (Even his Mum told him that) He said he feels uncomfortable as people expect him to be funny and his type of humour is not joke telling...it's observational humour...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 22

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I would just like him to be himself. OK the odd gag but I watch him expecting to find out more about his working life and his upbringing,  without trying too hard to be funny. Yes he is private about his close family and all respect to him for that but I want to know more about him in a more serious interview. I do blame the TV companies because they expect entertainment but the comedy seems forced.

Message 15 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The Tour that didn't Tour Tour....now on Tour' smashed all sorts of records....Smiley Very Happy

• Longest individual run at the Manchester Arena performing 20 nights.
  • First ever stand-up comedian to play 15 sold out nights at The O2, London.
  • The only British artist to ever play 20 consecutive nights at an arena.
  • Over one million tickets sold in arenas across the UK and Ireland, making it the biggest stand-up comedy tour in the world.

I think he is absolutely unique.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 22

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

He is unique because his observations and the way he can find comedy in any real situation sets him apart from today's far inferior comedians/comedienne. I would say that he and Victoria Woods are/were the only real Northern comics worth watching and paying money to see.

Message 17 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

He is unique because his observations and the way he can find comedy in any real situation sets him apart from today's far inferior comedians/comedienne. I would say that he and Victoria Woods are/were the only real Northern comics worth watching and paying money to see.

Totally agree @jonsie. excellent both of them..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 22

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Well I think he's funny tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Well I think he's funny tongue

As do millions of others Rich. Otherwise his record breaking concert tours wouldn't sell out in minutes...cool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 22