Did you mean: 

Paranoia - smart metre

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

A psycho robot  now lives under the stairs. Small but invidious.alien

Its Dalek - tones reach inside my head day and night- ''EXTERMINATE.   Exterminate your lights - Use the dogs torch for light, Go to bed at 6, Get up at 8.  3 cold meals a week, NO hot drinks , GO to the launderette. U R over budget , budget , budget

I killed the THNG last night Destroybut its voice lives on in my head :paranoia????.head_bandage

HEEEELP 02 ers. Has anyone survived a smart metre readout screen??? 

I read the metre perfectly ok without this devil telling me Im over budget ......budget .... BUDGET

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I refuse to have one.
Too many horror stories.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I won't have one either. I'm pleased my supplier doesn't recommend them for a dual tariff.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

The Powers That Be didnt give us the choice.    Dont blame you. 

the company we had for 16 yrs didnt tell us our Account no had changed.  We were sending in MONTHLY readings to a non descript account.

I emailed photos in the end !!! showing readings were far below their estimates. Next thing we are having a smart thingy!

Message 4 of 10

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Its odd this. Our company is a REAL green company and wasnt going to have metres. Then suddenly all change. Im going to write to the Julia, the CEO. This plus covid spin offs has honestly had a bad effect.
Message 5 of 10

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Jenny105 wrote:

The Powers That Be didnt give us the choice.    Dont blame you. 

the company we had for 16 yrs didnt tell us our Account no had changed.  We were sending in MONTHLY readings to a non descript account.

I emailed photos in the end !!! showing readings were far below their estimates. Next thing we are having a smart thingy!

Writng to you guys and gals as helped.  Silly replies are more than welcome !!!!!

Message 6 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We are asked to email our meter readings directly to the supplier @Jenny105 

I have no problem with that, at least I know they are accurate and not estimated.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143432 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I submit mine every 3 months. As above, I KNOW they are correct that way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I submit mine every 3 months. As above, I KNOW they are correct that way.

Yes that all great stuff.   I  filled out the online form or emailed the readings monthly. We were told that helped te Co with forward planning

Things went pear shaped when we opted for a 2yr fixed price. We didnt receive a LETTER, -note letter -to saythat our account number was changing.    So I spent months sending on online readings to a non existent account.!!!!       Thats probably why we got shunted into the smart metre lane 

Ive met the CEO so I will be writing a letter about all of this. There were other issues around the smart metre which I wont go into.

Message 9 of 10

Jenny105
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

We went to the Zoo this am in the rain . That fresh air visit seems to have put the paranoia to rest.   

Plus the energy co. has been in touch via email . We have a personal contact who will sort out any problems we have.

Thanks for the posts .

Message 10 of 10