Did you mean: 

Over 140 new Nazca Lines discovered!

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi guys, 

I just read in the news that scientists have discovered over 143 new Nazca lines in the Nazca Pampa region, Peru. This has always fascinated me, and the fact that they discovered so many new ones is incredible!

Nazca lines are a group of very large geoglyphs formed by incisions made in the soil of the Nazca Desert in Pery, between 500 BC and 500 AD. The lines form shapes that are usually best seen from the air, although some can be seen form nearby high spots. Some of them are simple straight lines, while other form complex shapes, of animals or plants for example. These lines were designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1994.

There are various theories as to what the purpose of those lines was orginially, and they continue to be  thoroughly studied. You can find pictures and more details on the newly discovered ones here.

I just thought I'd share this really interesting piece of news with you, let me know what you think of the new lines discovered - I think the feline is really adorable slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for posting this @EmilieT .

I love stuff like this and am always curious as to why such images were created and how.

I too like the one of the cat [even though it looks like my standard of drawing LOL].

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

I too like the one of the cat [even though it looks like my standard of drawing LOL].

@Mi-Amigo  joy

I find those lines fascinating, some of them are really beautiful and who knows what their true purpose was ... nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 3 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Mysteries are fascinating @EmilieT
Thanks for the information

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:
Mysteries are fascinating @EmilieT
Thanks for the information

I'n glad you're interested as well, @TallTrees! Did any of the lines or shapes stand out to you??

signature

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122383 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Great to see these @EmilieT 

I like the feline (obviously) and the fox and bird wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
It is a rather eclectic selection of figures/images to put down, and with the amount of effort required to make them and the size it is rather staggering!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Makes you wonder how nosey Google missed these beauties??!
Message 8 of 9

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
I liked the MOUSE AND PERSON 🙃
@EmilieT

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 9