cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Our Own) Bad hotel/holiday related reviews - for the LOLs :-)

Projectionist
Level 12: Nimble
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Just for the hell of it, and a few laughs, how about sharing a few of (our own) bad or amusing hotel/holiday reviews posted on TripAdvisor/Booking.com etc.

Anyone up for it..??

Go on, you know you want to   devil fearful

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Great idea @Projectionist 

Not mine but I saw this a while ago and had to laugh out loud laughing

tripadvisor-reviews-uk-5f4f67613a59b__700.jpeg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 2 of 5

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Although I just realised that you mentioned hotel reviews oops thinking

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 5

Projectionist
Level 12: Nimble
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

OK, I'll bite the bullet and start this off....

There's a little story to give a bit of background - my wife and I were on a short backpacking trip in Thailand, and we visited this place one afternoon, just to use the pool, and have a few beers. I made the foolish promise to stay here on the last night of our trip if the price was below $100 (thinking that a virtual  impossibility, and thus a pretty safe no-go) A week later, checking the website, it was listed as $99, so I had to make good on the promise, instead of staying in my favourite (cheaper) hotel in Chinatown.

Anyway, here's the review that I posted on TripAdvisor.

Worth the money as a treat, but not a great long-term option

Review of Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel & Towers

Huge place, great customer service, excellent terrace bar and pool (not too expensive), right on bank of Chao Phraya river, free boat taxi to Taksin Bridge (for SkyTrain). But for the price, frankly wi-fi should be free. Hotel is superb, but one never quite feels "part of the family", in a way that a smaller (and cheaper) place can do. Great place to crash on the night before your flight home - close to Hua Lampong train station and MRT. Can't help wondering what reaction you'd get for turning up worse for wear with a bar-girl in tow, but judging by the "gentleman's accessories" in the room, it must happen fairly often....

Room tip: If you smoke, don't get a non-smoking room, there are no balconies, the bar/terrace is a long walk, and they won't appreciate you there first thing in the morning with a coffee, wearing your undies 🙂 That said the views are amazing, and the rooms high quality. Book online for best rates, Don't just turn up, you'll pay about 30% more

Message 4 of 5

Projectionist
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

@TheresaV that was a good one - I have changed the thread title yahoo

Message 5 of 5