cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oppo is coming to the UK

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some of the handsets that are featured in this article look distinctly like the iPhone X, but they do look impressive, and there seems to be something to suit every budget:

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2018/07/oppo-smartphones-coming-to-the-uk-can-it-take-on-apple-and-sams...

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, and it reminds me of this old advert wink

https://youtu.be/omAwEPbHmV0

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

There's a vast difference in price range @Anonymous

From £899 for the Oppo Find, right down to the £200 models.

Not sure I would be brave enough to try them out. Very happy with my Note 8 innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
It's apple versus Google. Samsung don't make the best handset anymore in my opinion .
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated wrote:
It's apple versus Google. Samsung don't make the best handset anymore in my opinion .

It’s good to see other manufacturers trying to shake up the industry though, and I’d be interested in seeing this phone coming to the UK:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40103153

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

There's a vast difference in price range @Anonymous

From £899 for the Oppo Find, right down to the £200 models.

Not sure I would be brave enough to try them out. Very happy with my Note 8 innocent

It’s interesting how these companies seem to start out as “budget brands”, and then end up challenging the main players at the top end of the market (i.e. premium flagship models). Personally speaking, I’m always reluctant to spend more than £500 on a handset, but I think the trend towards larger screens will make that harder to achieve in future. There’ll always be budget offerings I suppose, but the build quality may disappoint if you’re more used to one of the top brands. 

Message 5 of 9

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Very interesting @Ian_but like @Cleoriff not sure if I'd be brave enough to try it. Though it does sound very cool. I'm happy with my S8+ and will probably go for the next Samsung when my latest contract is up. I still love Samsung phones.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

There are a lot of very good phones coming out of China, and a lot of competition from many manufacturers. I have a Moto Z Play which is made by Lenovo now, and it's the best phone I've ever had. Bought it directly from China, and would buy another. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I've had quite a few Chinese phones mainly for the convenience of dual sim functionality that they offer and I've always been very impressed with how they perform for the price.
Competition is always a good thing for the consumer, in any market, so looking forward to what these can bring to the mainstream phone sales in the UK.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

Welshyyyyy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ditto re the Moto Z Play, it's my favourite phone that I've owned and I've had a lot of phones, have always swapped them out after about 6 months but this one is a keeper, the camera could be better but is acceptable, but apart from that it's near perfect, and cost less than £200 new
Message 9 of 9