Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only artists need apply...

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

Sainsburys are looking for an artist to do up thier staff canteen... but dont want to pay for! Perhaps they didnt sell enough bags for life this quarter....

Heres the link to the source and photo of the "Job?" advert.

What you guys think? Anyway willing to come pain my house for free... but only artists need apply LOL

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Depends on how you look at it. It won't be public exposure but then its the word of mouth that gets the "artist" a commission for money. Will they be losing out at all by doing it? Short term wise then financially yes but the fact of the matter is that if you want to have a career in the creative industry, its a project you can sell that to the next person who wants to consider your work for money. Bonus now being is that the project has now got wider exposure so there will be many applying for the opportunity and its a conversation hook which makes you stand out!

Lots of skills to be gained from it in dealing with people, project management and I guess Sainsburys are paying for all materials and then have to pay for the potential disaster if it doesn't turn out well. Personally, I've done work for free for the sole purpose of getting hands on experience which I must say has done me well over the years with my job in IT as the soft skills play a part.

Cynically speaking, its an interesting job interview for a shelf stacker slight_smile

Message 2 of 3

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hahaha, If I hear about any budding house painters @Curr946, I shall let you know.

You should try and set up a similar thing at your work wink

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 3