Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 3 Price Going Up

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

The fall in the pound because of Brexit will increase the price on July 11th. If you're thinking of buying one, and want to save a little, it might be wise to get it before then. Chances are more phones will follow suit.

http://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-3-will-now-cost-you-more-uk-july-11-thanks-weaker-pound

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Good marketing announcement that one. Buy now or it will go up by £20 in 6 days....

Either that or they are being very concerned for potential buyers @Bambino?

Like yourself, I agree we will probably see a price rise in other mobiles slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Everything will go up - has no one figured that out yet?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Everything will go up - has no one figured that out yet?

ITV ran their Tonight programme all about Brexit last night. ...I think there were a hell of a lot of people who voted to leave had no idea of the full implications. That's what annoys me more than anything if honest. I have absolutely no problem with how anyone voted.......as long as they were fully aware of why they were voting.

I have discussed this a lot with friends and colleagues and am saddened to keep hearing comments such as 'we don't need the EU...let's go back to how we were before'.......Mmmmmm......Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Good marketing announcement that one. Buy now or it will go up by £20 in 6 days....

Either that or they are being very concerned for potential buyers @Bambino?

Like yourself, I agree we will probably see a price rise in other mobiles slight_frown

I don't think the announcement was made as a threat or as a marketing ploy, @Cleoriff. It's just a statement of fact. The pound is the lowest it's been for over 30 years. It stands to reason that the price will go up to keep their profit margin at a level they want it. This is just an indication of things to come, and it won't be limited to price increases in mobile phones. Everything imported into this country is going to become more expensive.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yeah, we could have WW3, rationing, black and white TV's and all work 6 miles underground digging out coal!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Bambino
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Maybe not as severe as that @MI5, but what's being said now can't be construed as scare tactics.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/brexit-backing-newspapers-could-soon-regret-it-as-forecast-sho...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144066 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Tongue in cheek reference to "let's go back to how we were before"

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8