Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnePlus 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Anyone interested in this phone will find this article interesting. No invites needed any more from tomorrow.

http://gizmodo.com/you-will-finally-be-able-to-buy-the-oneplus-2-like-a-no-1746131510

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thank god for that. It has always had good reviews but the invite system would have put me off if honest. I would have searched elsewhere for a phone of comparable specs/price. They probably realised it wasn't a good marketing ploy after the One Plus One...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I still can't grasp what the thinking was. Make it desirable? Don't think so!

Message 3 of 9

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

They do appeal to a fairly large amount of people, and making them scarce has generated a lot of interest. I thought they were interesting phones for a time, but there are features missing in the new phones that I would want, and selling them a lower price because of the missing features doesn't attract me. It seems there are better phones out there now for not much more. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I agree @Bambino though to be honest none of the HTC phones have appealed to me. My thinking is that if I haven't been invited to buy one than I most certainly don't want any part of their company. Stupid business plan IMHO. 

Message 5 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

one of the reasons they went with this route was it was easier to control demand, and thus production costs.

Plus they wouldn't be stuck with phones that weren't sold.

Admittedly long term it's not a great way to run a business, but for a start up it is quite sensible.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I agree for the 1st model it seemed a good marketing ploy. It made them appear desirable and wanted.. However probably they didn't read the market correctly for the 2nd version....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I agree with @Cleoriff. They've miscalculated the demand, and in a market where there's a glut of new phones, most people don't want to go on a waiting list in the hope that they might be selected to buy a phone that isn't really unique in any respect except that they may cost less.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 9