https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44475913

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Read the article you posted the link to @Bambino ... feeling sad slight_frown

The image I shall hold in my mind 'One Year On' is Grenfell Tower lit up in green with a heart symbol 

Message 2 of 6

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
And out of the disaster at Grenfell came other blocks with the same cladding as Grenfell. Knowing what killed 72 people at Grenfell has saved possible future deaths in other tower blocks. At least they did not die in vain.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unfortunately there are still many such tower blocks. Here in Manchester some apartment owners/tenants are being asked for £10,000 per apartment to have the cladding replaced. Obviously they are contesting this with the landlords who are referring it to the developers who will probably be pursued through the courts. Meanwhile people are having to live with the worry and fear of the same tragedy that befell the Grenfell victims.

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The tributes were very moving. I hope we never see anything like this disaster again.

Though with the cost cutting exercises employed by many councils, I fear this wont be the last sadly 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Peanut
Level 3: Thinker
  • 60 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I saw some of this on the news and work held a minutes silence for the people who died. I was just thinking all the time what an absolutely horrible way to die. 😢 I hope something good comes out of this.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.”
Message 6 of 6